• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I'll be in the minority on this one - I'll take the 1st ever meeting/team-up of Batman and Superman over a nothing issue of Adventure Comics.

actually, looks like you are leading the majority... I too would take the Supes 76 over the MH Adv, but just by a hair

I too would rather have the 20K to spend on something else - but if forced to choose - I'll go with the Adventure #55 - I kind of like those crude Baily Hourman covers - and agree that a super-high grade Church Adventure from the early 40's is cooler than a Superman book from the 50's - even if it is a minor key.

actually, looks like you are leading the majority... I too would take the Supes 76 over the MH Adv, but just by a hair

I wonder why Steve deleted his original reply that stated something along the lines of no matter how he thought about it the Supey wasn't even close?

I wonder why Steve deleted his original reply that stated something along the lines of no matter how he thought about it the Supey wasn't even close?

He must have stuck his finger in the breeze. I go with MH Adventure by the way.

...because right atfer that, everyone got on the Supes bandwagon....trying to protect my image / what's left of it, anyway :kidaround:

...because right atfer that, everyone got on the Supes bandwagon....trying to protect my image / what's left of it, anyway :kidaround:

What image? I would just go with the" son of satan" image and perfect it, roll with it, be the best evil-doer in the universe. It's So you.

I'd take the Adventure. 9.8 Church copy (!!) of an early hero DC; just a stunning book. I do like the early 50s DCs, but I'm amazed as anyone by that Supe 76 sale.

This is neither here nor there, but with the Adventure I suspect (whatever you think of the cover art) that the scan is a bit washed-out, and not doing justice to the book. I'm sure that cover glows in hand, with rich deep blues. :cloud9:

My take on the Supe 76 is that it might be a back room sale to inflate the price and we'll see it up again sooner or later, somewhere. These type of things run rampant in the hobby and make the Bluechip affair look like kids stealing bubblegum from the corner store. If someone knows otherwise.....I'm always glad to have my conspiracy theories proven to be nothing but wild speculation.

My take on the Supe 76 is that it might be a back room sale to inflate the price and we'll see it up again sooner or later, somewhere. These type of things run rampant in the hobby and make the Bluechip affair look like kids stealing bubblegum from the corner store.

it is a legitimate sale...unlikely you will see it for sale again, anytime soon (thumbs u

My take on the Supe 76 is that it might be a back room sale to inflate the price and we'll see it up again sooner or later, somewhere. These type of things run rampant in the hobby and make the Bluechip affair look like kids stealing bubblegum from the corner store.

it is a legitimate sale...unlikely you will see it for sale again, anytime soon (thumbs u

Thank's for settimg me straight (thumbs u

told you to keep your cash for the Heritage Action #1 :baiting:

Edited by 1koko

told you to keep your cash for the Herotage Action #1 :baiting:

what's Herotage...some new Pedigree I never heard of until now? :baiting:

It's always nice to have confirmation when there is a significant sale like this one. I think the book has been under the radar screen for the general public but it's not been that way for the DC 50s collector. Supes and Bats are the two biggest characters and this is the story of their first meeting, which would lead to the re-casting of World's Finest from an anthology title to one based on team-up stories.

Thank's for settimg me straight (thumbs u

I am not disagreeing with you that those type sales surely occur, just that this one is a legitimate purchase (not by me mind you!).... that said, intentions change, but my gut tells me this book is getting locked away

told you to keep your cash for the Heritage Action #1 :baiting:

i was out at $75K.... :sorry: