• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Ah Alas, a tuff one indeed.1st Detective comic vs 1st app Tarzan.

A comicbook guy is going to pick Detective # 1 and thus my pick.

All Story has goin for it a] 1st app Tarzan b] Very Rare,

Derecrive has goin for ir A] the 1st Detective comic of an issue that still runs today..70 years! B] The title that ultimately introduced Batman.Not as rare as All Story but certainly scarce and very scarce Unrestored. Yep, Tec 1

Derecrive has goin for ir A] the 1st Detective comic of an issue that still runs today..70 years! B] The title that ultimately introduced Batman.Not as rare as All Story but certainly scarce and very scarce Unrestored. Yep, Tec 1

what he said

OK ladies.......here are 2 RARE KEYS that both sold for $23,900 in 2007. Which one would you choose, and why ???

I have to say neither one gets me that excited - I understand the appeal of 'Tec #1 to some extent - but always found it a bit overrated - both as a "key" and for it's cover. Though it is sweligant.

I'm not much of a Tarzan fan either - and while I like old pulps - they take a back seat to comics - but I'd have to say the All-Story is more historically significant - has the cover cooler - and is nearly 100 years old - so I'll go with it.

Tarzan ALL THE WAY! Did you ever stop to think just how imbedded into popular culture Tarzan has been? Movies. TV shows, books, comics, Animated movies. Animated TV series. Sheets, pillow cases. Kids books. Toys etc etc

Unfortunately All Story is a pulp, and very few people care about pulps (except around here of course.

Tec 1 is a cool book, but, umm, why? Detective starts with #27. Without Batman, no one would care about 1 - 26 at all.

anyway, you dont have to agree, but thats my pick ----- All Story

Tarzan ALL THE WAY! Did you ever stop to think just how imbedded into popular culture Tarzan has been? Movies. TV shows, books, comics, Animated movies. Animated TV series. Sheets, pillow cases. Kids books. Toys etc etc

Unfortunately All Story is a pulp, and very few people care about pulps (except around here of course.

Tec 1 is a cool book, but, umm, why? Detective starts with #27. Without Batman, no one would care about 1 - 26 at all.

anyway, you dont have to agree, but thats my pick ----- All Story

All Story all the way for me too.

What he said, plus the Detective books were popular enough to contribute to the name change of the publisher (or was it a change in ownership to Detective Comics, Inc?) to DC.

Detective 1 for me.

OK ladies.......here are 2 RARE KEYS that both sold for $23,900 in 2007. Which one would you choose, and why ???

Is "neither" an option? Neither book in the low grades they're in do much for me. (shrug)

Is "neither" an option? Neither book in the low grades they're in do much for me. (shrug)

I might go for option "C" also because they both have a lot of defects and I would rather get an Amazing Fantasy 8.5...wait that can only get a 8.0...actually 7.5...now that only gets 7.0...!

Okay, give me the All-Story since it is more important and rarer.