• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I would take the Startling... I am not a "key" book collector, a decision I made early on (to only collect what I LIKE, not what is high demand)... most of my collection is non-hero, with the pre-Robin TECs and the non-Superman Action covers being exceptions... the only reason I would actively seek to get a TEC 38 would be for resale, so that I could get more of the books I really want... so I will ever only have one if it is a real steal of a deal...

and that Startling cover is SOOOOOOO sweet!!!! :luhv:

'Tec 38. Larson pedigree, first Robin, a story I happen to like a lot. The other book is nice, but it's mostly a pretty cover.

Couldn't have said it better myself (thumbs u

Thank you. Sometimes I think I'm the only person here who really likes 'Tec 38. I'd rather have that than most of the pre-Robin 'Tecs. (Except 27, of course.)

'Tec 38. Larson pedigree, first Robin, a story I happen to like a lot. The other book is nice, but it's mostly a pretty cover.

Couldn't have said it better myself (thumbs u

Thank you. Sometimes I think I'm the only person here who really likes 'Tec 38. I'd rather have that than most of the pre-Robin 'Tecs. (Except 27, of course.)

The interior on that book is amazing. I really dig the Robin origin story (thumbs u

Cap 2 vs. Action 2:

Cap 2 DEFINITELY.

I'm a GA Cap collector, and my #2 is nowhere near that 7.5, even with the chunk out of the bottom.

Startling vs. 'Tec:

This one is harder for me. I think I'd go with the Startling, for love of the Schomburg cover, and the fact that I already have a nice 'Tec 38, but a 9.4 Startling just doesn't come along that often.

Although, when it comes to holding value, I think the 'Tec might be better.

Edited by James Welborn

Both sold for $16,000 in 2005. A match-up between a mid-grade Superhero semi-key ( some would say Key ), and a very high grade, high demand Classic Cover......... mmmm, mmmm good!

I would love to own that Tec 38. Even though I am a sci-fi fan and really enjoy the Startling, there really is no choice here.

If the Tec comes on the market again, I may sell my car to get it

Tec. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't care for the cover to Startling 49.

Nope. Me too.

If I bought the Batman I would ALWAYS regret not taking the Action #1. No brainer IMO, resto or not.

R.

If the Tec comes on the market again, I may sell my car to get it

If you sold your car you could get both. And have some pocket change left over.