• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I have it as 8 - 7 currently to AA#16.

Both rare and difficult to find. CGC census figures:

Adv #40 8 unrestored - highest 7.0 (this one) - anyone know if there is a Church copy and its grade?

AA #16 13 unrestored - highest 9.4 (Church copy - mine 8th highest)

Rick would know better than me the number that have been seen in the market over the last couple of years but I think unrestored Adv #40s have been less (a relative term in this case) available.

The Church copy is restored (slight CT). 9.2 or so.

I have it as 8 - 7 currently to AA#16.

Both rare and difficult to find. CGC census figures:

Adv #40 8 unrestored - highest 7.0 (this one) - anyone know if there is a Church copy and its grade?

AA #16 13 unrestored - highest 9.4 (Church copy - mine 8th highest)

Rick would know better than me the number that have been seen in the market over the last couple of years but I think unrestored Adv #40s have been less (a relative term in this case) available.

hm

cgc 3.0 adv 40 (coolj bought)

cgc 7.0 adv 40 (1koko bought)

raw 2.0 adv 40 (I bought and had restored because I wanted to lol )

raw 3.5 AA 16 (offered, don't believe it sold, no longer for sale)

cgc 4.5 AA 16 (1koko bought)

raw 5.5 AA 16 trolley copy, sold, then resold as a pressed cgc 6.0

cgc 5.5 aa 16 sold on clink

cgc 9.4 aa 16 offered, but no sale

a couple of questionable raw ebay copies have popped up now and then too

that is all I know of

rick

My old copy was purchased off of ebay a couple years ago by C-man.

Bangzoom has a nice AA#16 that probably would rank just below the Church copy but does he own an Adv #40?

Oh YES HE DOES!!! (worship)

Adventure40GA.jpg

Oh man Dc has to make some kind of film for the Sandman. They cannot just stay with Superman and Batman forever (not like I dont love them but come on). Doesn't everyone agree? Have a Sandman movie taking place in a1939 type set with villains like the Face and the Brute (and maybe a cameo by another character....)

Anyway, one day I hope to have a 40! Besides the AA 16, 17 and 21 the rest of the covers are not that great. And after Moldoff, don't really care.

I was about to say Adventure 40 when I remembered that it isn't the first published appearance of Sandman (though it is much, much cooler).

I think I will have to say the AA 16 since it is the more important character (today) and is the undisputed 1st appearance.

Bangzoom has a nice AA#16 that probably would rank just below the Church copy but does he own an Adv #40?

Oh YES HE DOES!!! (worship)

Adventure40GA.jpg

I forgot about this one, stunning copy. BZ's collection must be worth a fortune and I admire his ability to compile these great books over a long period of time. (worship)

I'm more impressed with his ability to *hold onto them for a long period of time.* that's where he really won out, and that's the thing that most of his collector friends from that time were not able or willing to do. Compiling them was the "easy" part I'd say. Hanging onto them through 40 years of thick and thin is more impressive by far.

Bronty that's what I meant to say. (thumbs u We have all bought, sold, flipped books like madmen over that last few years but there are few collectors here who can say that they have held on to expensive books for 25, 30+ years. Very tough to do especially with the prices that are being fetched for these kind of books.

I'm more impressed with his ability to *hold onto them for a long period of time.* that's where he really won out, and that's the thing that most of his collector friends from that time were not able or willing to do. Compiling them was the "easy" part I'd say. Hanging onto them through 40 years of thick and thin is more impressive by far.

(worship)

The Action certainly presents very well but I'd go for the Tec because of the great cover, the fact that there's no glue (which could be a turnoff to some ultra-purists who could be potential buyers in the future), and it's got the work of Siegel, Shuster and Kane.

The Action certainly presents very well but I'd go for the Tec because of the great cover, the fact that there's no glue (which could be a turnoff to some ultra-purists who could be potential buyers in the future), and it's got the work of Siegel, Shuster and Kane.
The glue bothers me a little too but, Actions is all I collect. On the other hand, I would be very happy to have the #2 in my collection. If the glue was on the spine, it would bother me much more than just on the cover.

This one easy for me, the Action Comics #2.

It's the second apperance of Superman & in better shape that the third apperance of Batman & a pedigree. (thumbs u

Agreed - though both books look a little overgraded to me. A minor bit of glue bothers me less than the moisture stains at the (rusty?) staples on the Action #2.