• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Allright boys and girls (and Ciorac :baiting: ) , here is another Battle Royale........big books and big bucks!

Both sold in 2006 with a blended average sales price of $105,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

(and remember...this is only evenly midly interesting if you act like you are really spending $105,000 from your bank account .....not that any more then 7 of us here on the Boards have that much to begin with :gossip: ...and I'm not one of them :blush: )

I'll take the Marvel 1. The MF Spectres are cool, but Marvel 1 is the grail of all grails for me.

$105k? Absolutely and it's staying put in my retirement savings plan. :sumo:

Allright boys and girls (and Ciorac :baiting: ) , here is another Battle Royale........big books and big bucks!

Both sold in 2006 with a blended average sales price of $105,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

(and remember...this is only evenly midly interesting if you act like you are really spending $105,000 from your bank account .....not that any more then 7 of us here on the Boards have that much to begin with :gossip: ...and I'm not one of them :blush: )

I'll go with the More Fun 52 on this one. The Marvel is just too faded.

^^

Bill is spot on (as usual)

hmmmm... I think I would have to go with the Marvel Mystery... unrestored, and nice colours, and just a wee bit rarer...

I agree - though if the AA #16 had only slight resto I'd probably pick it.

more fun 52 for me over the faded marvel 1

hm I'd go for the Marvel 1.

Bigger key than the MF 52 and though faded still likely to hold greater demand over the future than a high grade MF 52.

and, restored or not, but AA 16 destroys MMC 2 in my mind

Typically I would take an AA 16 over Marvel 2. Even if the AA was a 6.0 blue, I'd take it over the MM 2. But in this case, I choose the unrestored book. Now, I would try to trade it for a 3.0 blue Batman #1 or other such grail book.