• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Golden Age Classic Covers !!

266 posts in this topic

You gotta love those GA Classic Covers....even if your book is in Mylar or a CGC holder, there it is..staring right at 'ya ! I am a huge Classic Covers fan, and please help me prove that I am not alone ...post yours and let others see why they are called classics!

I would say what we are looking for in this thread would be all genres / Golden Age only / commonly recognized as Classic Covers by the OPG, CGC (appears on their labels ), Gerber Guide, and/or what most collectors think should be. That must total about 300+ ??? ....maybe many more...I never thought about it until right now tongue.gif

To get things started, here is my all time GA favorite:

1448503-bc_50_c.gif

Black Cat Mystery #50

1448503-bc_50_c.gif.495c2e1329b5640d48d7fb1cd69e6985.gif

What classification are we using for "Classic Covers"?

I would say what we are looking for in this thread would be all genres / Golden Age only / commonly recognized as Classic Covers by the OPG, CGC (appears on their labels ), Gerber Guide, and most collectors. There should be about 100+ ??? ....maybe many more...I never thought about it until right now tongue.gif

well I've got two books that have the CGC "classic cover" designation on the label..

Superman14newlabel.jpg

Superman24newholder-1.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Sweet books Alton. Hard to top your Supes 14 & 24, especially in such nice shape.

I just realized I dont think I have any books in my collection that Overstreet officially labels as "classic". sorry.gif I would say this book is the closest one I have to being recognized by many as classic:

Super17a1.jpg

well I don't know what Overstreet or CGC says about Supes #17, but without a doubt it's one of the all-time best classic covers ever,. that's a book that doesn't come up for sale too often,.. great addition to the thread Brian.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great books, guys! If I had to pick one classic GA cover.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

244847620_460e51c32e_b.jpg

For me, this has everything I enjoy about GA comics: Timely's Big 3 in classic Schomburg WW2 Flag cover glory!!! cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif The only thing missing is some good-girl art in the backseat. grin.gif

GE

That All-Winners cover is great. I hadn't seen it before. Its great when you see covers that you probably should have seen but haven't, and then when you do see it, its a treat. Cap is holding a bomb! 27_laughing.gif That's great. Imagine someone speeding towards you holding a bomb 27_laughing.gifheadbang.gif