• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smorgasbord of Ultra-High Grade Western Penn Flash

52 posts in this topic

Yep, could be. I don't own the book....just grabbed the scan from an Ebay auction. thumbsup2.gif And Tim's will be waaaay out of my league budget wise.

I actually had one of those 80-Page Giant #9s.. but I don't remember what happened to it. foreheadslap.gif

I really wanted that one, but I think you sold it, possibly at Wondercon 2005 or earlier. frown.gif

Yep, could be. I don't own the book....just grabbed the scan from an Ebay auction. thumbsup2.gif And Tim's will be waaaay out of my league budget wise.

I actually had one of those 80-Page Giant #9s.. but I don't remember what happened to it. foreheadslap.gif

I really wanted that one, but I think you sold it, possibly at Wondercon 2005 or earlier. frown.gif

Yes, I "sold" it... but I think Jim actually sold it. That's why I don't remember.. (not because my brain cells are dead and I no longer have any long-term memory.)

the jury has spoken... and they shouted BIG $$$$$$$$ for Timmy!

boooyahhh

yay.gif I have to admit I'm pretty floored by some of the prices. On the other hand, I've got to say that the Flash 134, 142 and 146 are screaming bargains at their current bid levels.

10 hours of internet bidding left for Legacy Bidders! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Tim: WOW!!! I hope you negotiated a favorable sellers premium. Congratulations on some pretty shrewd investing. I have no idea about the Real Estate Market in HK but this sale should help! I couldn't bring any of the Flashs home but I did return a Western Pa ( AKA George Collection) back to the nest.

Tom

tim,

how'd it go? i was shut out- underbidder on 3 books.

mike

Mike, as the old saying goes, "underbidders are just as important as the winning bidders". thumbsup2.gif

Needless to say, I'm delighted with the auction results, although I will hold off on the celebrations until I get confirm that the winners are legit and will pay. I know there've been a few instances of deadbeat winners in the last couple of years.

I did not just see that price for the #127 and the #139. Unbelievable.

Does the winner of the #127 see that it's a 9.0, and not a 9.4? Wow.

As for the #139, I'm speechless. There must have been at least 2 collectors going to the mat for it to drive it up to those levels. Does anyone have any insight on why this book is suddenly so desirable? Has there been some Crisis, or pre-Crisis, or post-Crisis development that has turned this into the new GL 40 or something?

For what it's worth, I think great deals were had on the #133, 134, 147 and 149, particularly the #147. Also, although it seems weird to say this about a book that goes for $7170 (inclusive of BP), particularly where that represents almost a 10X multiple, I thought that was a pretty good deal for the Flash #111, particularly given the prices paid for the 116 and 117 (and 139!).

But, I'm not going to count my chickens until I get confirms that all the winning bidders are legit.

Tim: WOW!!! I hope you negotiated a favorable sellers premium. Congratulations on some pretty shrewd investing. I have no idea about the Real Estate Market in HK but this sale should help! I couldn't bring any of the Flashs home but I did return a Western Pa ( AKA George Collection) back to the nest.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I think this showed there's a lot of pent up demand for early SA DCs. It also confirmed to me that I made the right choice to exit this particular genre, because the clear fact is I can no longer compete for these books at these kinds of prices.

Which Western Penn book did you pick up?

The good news is more Western Penns will likely be going up in the auction after the January auction, so you'll get further shots at bringing more back to the nest.