• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper age Independants you may have never heard of...

540 posts in this topic

So many books came out in the "B&W Explosion" of 1985-87, most of them completely forgettable but there were some good ones.

I remember Mackenzie Queen got a favorable review in Comics Journal back in the day, and I was only able to find one isue, #3 I think. It was pretty good although being in the middle of the story left some things out. There's a trade of it, a very early example of a limited series being collected, and the sinlge issues do appear on ebay now and then.

Futurians was a Marvel Graphic Novel first, then an indy series from Cockrum. I go thte first issue, but don't remember seeing anymore. Looks like it got up to #3. OK superhero group book with the group sort of forced into mutations.

I don't feel like scanning it, but there was a book called "French Ice" from either A-V or Renegade Press that was pretty good based on the one issue I have. I think it was a reprint of a French comic (in English), but it was very funny and the art was nice and pretty original looking.

Not saying it's scarce ar anything but I've never come across another copy!

Now that I said that, I'm sure owners will chime in with theirs. smirk.gif

hi.gif

I've got one! No scan handy though. sorry.gif Didn't want your prediction to go unfulfilled!

hi.gif I've got one as well. yay.gif