• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pacific Comics

19 posts in this topic

Here's a list of PC comics I stole from another forum. I've got all but I think 4 of the first issues, probably between 40-50 total PC issues. But I've never seen pics of the Famous Movie Stars from the 1930's, anyone have a scan?

Pacific Comics:

1...1st Folio

7...Alien Worlds....#8-9 published by Eclipse.

1...Alien Worlds 3-D

4...Bernie Wrightson, Master of the Macabre....#5 published by Eclipse.

3...Bold Adventures

14..Capt. Victory and the Galactic Rangers....13 issues + 1 special

1...Corben Special, A

1...Darklon the Mystic

2...Demon Dreams

3...Edge of Chaos

6...Elric of Melnibone....Continued by First Comics.

1...Famous Movie Stars of the 1930's...'chapbook'= 4"x12"

8...Groo the Wanderer....Continued by several publishers.

1...Heroes of Sports....Reprints 1937 Will Eisner strip...'chapbook'= 4"x12"

1...Jerry Iger's Famous Features

2...Ms Mystic....#3 on published by Continuity.

1...One....1977-first Pacific comic.

4...Pacific Presents

1...Pathways to Fantasy

1...Planet Comics

1...Ravens and Rainbows

2...Rog 2000....2 printings...1st=error, 2nd=corrected

6...Silver Star

3...Silver Heels

1...Skateman

4...Somerset Holmes....#5-6 published by Eclipse.

6...Starslayer....Continued by First comics.

3...Sun-Runners....Continued by Eclipse.

1...Thrillogy

8...Twisted Tales....Continued by Eclipse.

7...Vanguard Illustrated

2...Vanity

1...Wild Animals

108...Total

I'm still very surprised that Alien Worlds and Twisted Tales haven't really taken off on ebay and the guide. Hell, the artists and writing was amazing for Indy material and the printing even better. I still pick up extra copies of Twisted Tales and Three dimensional Alien Worlds every time I see them languishing in some dollar bin and still look over 9.2(I just can't help it) Seriously do yourself a favor and pick up both runs and sit down and I guarrantee you won't get up till you are done. Great stuff. Highly Under-rated.

The Kirby stuff was a little wonkier. Captain Victory had the coolest cover, but I think Kirby was high on India Ink or somthing, cause the stories we're a little on the goofy side even for a 10 yr old. I loved Pacific, I really think they have a special place in comics history that not many seem to know about. They are the guys that raised the bar for artists rights to lure them to their company and that forced Marvel and DC to give art back to the artists and pay them what they we're worth.

Oh Gawd, I forgot about Skateman by Neil Adams(that was a bit of a mistake) Funny stuff, but... Yikers!

I am such a geek.

-Chris

Never read ONE, would love to see a scan, hell I would love to see some scans of all of em.

'best

C

i've got a copy i'll try and scan tonite unless someone beats me to it

here you go. back cover is identical to the front, albeit with publishing-related text and whatnot

theonevs8.jpg

Thank you for posting that. It looks strange yet oddly appealing.

Is the inside story any good?

not to my recollection/taste. stereotypical 70s sci-fi esque stuff, complete with fumetti-style photocopied/manipulated artwork. tres disco, if you can dig it

Excellant article. Very interesting. I just found the box with many of the PC books in it this morning. I will not be able to go through it for a couple of days, but I do know that I found almost a full run of Alien Worlds including the 3-d issue.

Hope somebody here want to buy those titles otherwise they will get donated prior to the end of the year.

Thanks for the correction

Just went through the box of the PC's I have most of the books mentioned in the long article.

While I have always read and enjoyed comics for the stories and characters and not the art, i could instantly recognize Kirby on his books. I had to laugh at the "Golden Goliath" that was being introduced 60's Marvel style on the cover of one of the books.

Looking for especially these 4 from PC in pretty good condition:

Rog 2000 #1 (1st print/June)

Planet Comics #1

Famous Movie Stars of the 1930's

Heroes of Sports

If you have any of these from Now in pretty good condition, I might be interested:

Ralph Snart Adventures vol. 3 #2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 (MH)

Ralph Snart Adventures vol. 5 #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (MH)

Ralph Snart Adventures: The Lost Issues #1, 2, 3 (MH)

Ralph Snart Adventures 3-D Special #1 (MH)

Ralph Snart Adventures Limited Edition #1, 2 (MH)

Ralph Snart Adventures (TPB) #1 (MH)

Ralph Snart Adventures Collection #1 (MH)

Many of the 3-D's from Eclipse (Mr. Monster #10) or Blackthorne (3-D Zone #16 as well as the Star Wars and Transformers in 3-D).

My favorite Pacific stuff was without question the Rocketeer tales by Dave Stevens... beautifully drawn, well scripted... I was 13 when they came out, and I relished them. Just killer reads.

My prediciton is that these Pacific books will probably never see huge price gains, because the supply was high and the demand was pretty low. Maybe for particular issues that hit 9.8 and up, but for 9.4s on most titles, there is a very good supply.

Great titles though.

Shep