• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detective comics 27 cgc 2.0

69 posts in this topic

Don't feel bad, most of us can't afford that book. Myself included.

Maybe one of these days we would be able to afford one... I just gotta do a whole lot of saving up and only focusing on that book, which is tough because I want to own other books as well.

I'll be happy just getting my hands on the cash for Detective 29. That is my favorite pre-robin cover.

Maybe one of these days we would be able to afford one... I just gotta do a whole lot of saving up and only focusing on that book, which is tough because I want to own other books as well.

I'll be happy just getting my hands on the cash for Detective 29. That is my favorite pre-robin cover.

That's attainable. I love that book too!

Metro just put up another restored 27 in 6.0 for 42,500. Pretty sure it wasnt there earlier today, and no picture yet. Must resist urge to call....must... resist....

There's restored and then there's restored. I am guessing at that price it would be heavy.

hello all...

I have emailed metro for scans/info on the lower priced one...I sent an unrestored fr 1.0 to Matt Nelson to restore, but if he has not started on it yet, an opportunity to pick up a restored copy, and keep the other unrestored....he has had the book for a while now, so he likely has started the restoration project, but if not....

rick

ps-Matt just emailed me back, no work done yet on my 27....so calling metro...

You have to be careful with the moderate and extensive catagories as i have often thought moderate was extensive.The price difference also is the closet between these 2 catagories.It something to keep a careful eye out for.

hello all...

I concur with Peter....that is why, if I pick one of them up, I will have part of the purchase stipulate that I get to send the book to Matt N. for a professional eval...same thing I did on the last tec 31 I bought...I feel that for slight resto, I am sometimes willing to pay close to guide if it is a book I REALLY want....on moderate, I am less inclined to pay a large percent of unrestored retail, but will pay considerably stronger than extensive (unless we are talking Action 1, Detective 1 or 27, then it really depends on page quality and eye appeal and if the price is something I can live with)

rick

That's attainable. I love that book too!

Definitely attainable since I have a copy tongue.gif

hello all...

I have emailed metro for scans/info on the lower priced one...I sent an unrestored fr 1.0 to Matt Nelson to restore, but if he has not started on it yet, an opportunity to pick up a restored copy, and keep the other unrestored....he has had the book for a while now, so he likely has started the restoration project, but if not....

rick

ps-Matt just emailed me back, no work done yet on my 27....so calling metro...

Hey Rick,

Lemme know if Metro sent you scans of the lowered price 27. I'd certainly would love to see how it looks as well so I can drule over my computer smile.gif Please email me an attatchment when you get the chance... Also, is your buyer going to buy the heavily restored Tec 31 from you?

if I pick one of them up, I will have part of the purchase stipulate that I get to send the book to Matt N. for a professional eval...same thing I did on the last tec 31 I bought.

NewForce, what does Matt charge for a restoration check?

hello all...

from matt's website:

Comic Value Proscreen Fee

$250 or less $3 per book

$250 to $1,000 $5 per book

$1,000 to $4,000 $10 per book

$4,000 to $10,000 $25 per book

$10,000 to $25,000 $50 per book

$25,000 and up $100 per book

Magazines $3 per book

rick

What do you think an unrestored tec #27 in clean 5.0 would go for at auction? I'm not in the market- just curious...

hello all...

I would pay $80,000+, so figure at least that...

rick

What do you think an unrestored tec #27 in clean 5.0 would go for at auction? I'm not in the market- just curious...

hello all...

I would pay $80,000+, so figure at least that...

rick

I would like to pay 100k, but I think it worth 125k to be honest.Actually, I know Im right on the dot with this one.Ive been on a roll with predictions lately so im getting a little stuck up......O.k , im joking.......................

But not about the numbers