• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERSTREET REVIEW Review

52 posts in this topic

Big thumbs down.

For a mere $6.25 you get a 36 pages - oops, there are SIXTEEN pages of ads, so you get only 20 pages - oops, there are two pages of editorial content, so you get 18 pages of pretty much useless information. (Boy oh boy, I'm SO glad to know what Marvel Mysterys in 9.6 are worth since there are SO MANY of them trading hands!) There aren't even two full pages of documented sales! The rest is merely arbitrary titles and their "values" in 9.0-9.8. For those of you who have been unable to sleep due to curiosity over what the new price spread is for Treasure Comics, your wait is over.

IMHO, the Overstreet Review is a huge rip off. Save your money. It's not even a good toilet read.

That's what I was afraid of. I had a bad feeling about 36 pages for $6! Canadian cost is even worse - cover will be around $9 when available thru Diamond.

Are there any market reports?

The old Overstreet Price Updates with the market reports were the best.
Stop living in the past! cloud9.gif

Sure, if you stop trolling me, troll for brains. sumo.gif

You are the one trolling me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif Shaddup foolio. I make a post & 2 minutes later you reply. Now you tell me Einstein, who's trolling who? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ME? frown.gif

893censored-thumb.gif Shaddup foolio. I make a post & 2 minutes later you reply. Now you tell me Einstein, who's trolling who? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ME? frown.gif

Believe me, you're no Einstein. 893naughty-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are there any market reports?

Nope.

I looked over it again and it got me annoyed again.

It's not only a rip off, it's insulting. There's NOTHING about it that justifies the $6.50 price. It's about as cheaply printed as it can be, it has sixteen pages of ads (which I can only assume they were paid for) and the CGC sales are a mish mash from eBay and Heritage.

Another title they're given new price spreads for is John Wayne.

Gee, thanks guys.

I agree. I got my issue today, and it was a total waste of my money. I was probably foolish for subscribing sight unseen, but Overstreet has always been reliable in the past. I will be letting them know that I will cancel my subscription if the next couple issues don't improve. I was really looking forward to the market reports that were in the old price updates. Give me a couple pages (max!!!) of actual CGC sales, but let's have some dealer inter-action. A letters section would be nice also, but I'm afraid most of the letters written would be negative judging by the reaction to this issue. Let's hope it gets better, or it will be a very short-lived newsletter.