• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Marvel Team

Who in your opinion is the best Marvel team  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Who in your opinion is the best Marvel team

55 posts in this topic

Yeah, I had to go with the X here with the Thunderbolts being a close second imo.

Aside from the various X-groups, I like some of the more obscure teams. Soviet Super Soldiers, Squadron Supreme, Inhumans and Eternals etc. I really enjoyed that old Gaurdians of the Galaxy stuff!

Now, I noted that list is relegated to hero type teams. If I were to pick Marvels best team of villains... My opinion, it's a two way tie with the Original Maurauders and The Wrecking Crew. The Hellfire Club and The BOEM get honorable mentions tho.

Incomplete poll.

Alpha Flight

Champions

Defenders

X-Factor

Excalibur

And let's not forget the 1st Marvel Team that started in 1946... the All-Winners Squad!

West

Technically wasnt Marvel yet

I'm going tp have to go FF. Silver Surfer is one of my two favorite Marvel characters and his and Galactus appearance in thr Marvel U. is one of the true all time classic storylines. Beyond that, the quality of the Byrne run can't be overstated - and I'm glad there is a bit of an FF renaissance going on with the Ultimate Line and due to the forthcoming movie.

I used to by a lot of X-related book swhen I was younger but given hindsight, although they had some great storylines (Phoenix Saga, and even the Fall of Mutants was pretty decent later on IMHO and I can't say I thought the Age of Apocalypse completely blew either) but stranegly enough the entire mutant equation got so beaten to death in the late 80's and early 90's it (perhaps unfairly0)tarnished the overall outlook. I think any era that we attach Scott Lobdell as a hot writer has to be frowned upon and have far reaching ramifications. The one X-run recently that I'm willing to compare to all time classics is Grant Morrison's recent run - which was nothing short of brilliant.

I think FF for me just didn't seem like an answer to DC (it may very well have been, it just didn't seem like it). While the Avengers had some great storylines they always felt to me to be a sum that was drastically lesser than its parts and just alway had a stigma that really made this statement true: If you want to save the world I'l call the Avengers, If I want to save the universe - call the JLA (I can't place where I read that). That's why I thought the JLA/Avengers thing was rubbish - to me it was like Yankees/Bad News Bears.

I have to say I am really enjoying X-Factor and Runaways right now, but all time I pick FF and current I'll go with Nextwave.