• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 27 on Ebay

197 posts in this topic

You take far too much pride in your feedback.

no such thing partner....I have sold books to Steve Geppi, Dr. Dave Anderson, Metropolis Comics, and probably 25 people reading this. On Ebay, your feedback is EVERYTHING. If I was selling a $150,000 Action 1, you could check with every dealer and source you could think of, and you could not find a single person who not confirm that I'm the safest person on Ebay that you could send $150,000 to with no worries......it is called integrity.

Is one or both a Frankenbook, or neither?

Here is a Cap 66 -- - what you see are pieces from two covers. One is from the original attached to the booik, which had the logo clipped. Another is from a loose cover only that was also missing a big chunk out of the cover -- below the logo.

I married the two, but not irreversibly. Simply put the loose cover underneath the other. Were this a tec 27 however, I think it would be both the time and expense to put them together.

And here is a book I bought as a VF only to discover to my everlasting shock that some of the edge pieces were added later.

Batman31amateurresto1945.jpg

I don't know that I have an example of a book restored with cadaver pieces from a different issue.

Admit it, you did that work yourself!!

27_laughing.gif

I'll bet this seller demands a higher percentage of the sale for the pain and suffering of taking on this listing for his buddy Christo_pull_hair.gif, the owner of the book. He must be getting absolutely hammered with non stop questions: condition, restoration, my bid cancellation..and now page count. Everytime I click on this auction it gets l o n g e r, as the seller posts more and more disclaimers and answers...and there are over 1300 views as of now. popcorn.gif

I would guess that after this auction is over, the seller will never want to see another comic book the rest of his life! insane.gif

love the ad for heritage....come see us and blow off your ebay listing...you'll

make more money and we'll be able to help you sell to a wonderful buyer that won't mind

paying the additional premium.

I am sure eBay would not be too happy to know that the eBay site is being used by

Heritage to steal eBay's business.

"I was browsing some of your eBay auctions and noticed you were selling a Detective 27. I am a consignment director at Heritage Auction Galleries in Dallas, TX. Our auctions are marketed to the largest bidders and collectors in the industry and realize higher prices than any venue around. We could market and sell your items for much higher prices than on eBay. If you’re interested in selling any of your items in one of our upcoming auctions, please contact me at: andrewn@heritageauctions.com Thank you Andrew Heritage Auctions Here is a link to information about selling an item(s) in any of our auctions: http://coins.heritageauctions.com/common/consignment_process.php Here is another link from our website with information about consigning to our auctions: http://www.heritageauctions.com/common/consigning.php "

make more money and we'll be able to help you sell to a wonderful buyer that won't mind

I am sure eBay would not be too happy to know that their site is being used by

....not to mention that Heritage also is an Ebay seller...which means they are saying in a way "don't sell this book on Ebay...cancel your listing and we'll get you more for it thru one of our Signature auctions....which by the way will include having this book listed on Ebay" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

....not to mention that Heritage also is an Ebay seller...which means they are saying in a way "don't sell this book on Ebay...cancel your listing and we'll get you more for it thru one of our Signature auctions....which by the way will include having this book listed on Ebay" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

lol that is actually a really good point. Has anyone else noticed all of the books these past two months that Heritage has listed on eBay? (I don't mean just the books that they list in their big auctions that are listed on eBay in conjunction with their website. I'm talking about all the books that they have listed only on eBay and not on their website or anywhere else.) I guess selling through eBay is good enough for Heritage, but not for this guy...

If the seller does wind up cancelling the auction I think he'll be real disappointed. The last Detective 27 CGC 1.0 to sell through Heritage went for $23,000. (And IMO that 1.0 was much better than this copy on eBay) When you figure that 30% of the sale price (or close to it) goes to Heritage, he's already doing better than that selling on eBay, even if the auction doesn't move again.

It's amazing how Heritage can take comic book selling to an even lower low.

I don't know about that. What Heritage is doing is definitely self-serving, but you have to admit that Heritage would almost certainly get a better price for that book than this guy will (I'm guessing $40K or so on Heritage in its present condition). The only question is how much of that sales price would get eaten up in a commission. What they're doing may be against ebay's own rules, but I don't think that what Heritage is suggesting would hurt the seller.

lol that is actually a really good point. Has anyone else noticed all of the books these past two months that Heritage has listed on eBay? (I don't mean just the books that they list in their big auctions that are listed on eBay in conjunction with their website. I'm talking about all the books that they have listed only on eBay and not on their website or anywhere else.) I guess selling through eBay is good enough for Heritage, but not for this guy...

If the seller does wind up cancelling the auction I think he'll be real disappointed. The last Detective 27 CGC 1.0 to sell through Heritage went for $23,000. (And IMO that 1.0 was much better than this copy on eBay) When you figure that 30% of the sale price (or close to it) goes to Heritage, he's already doing better than that selling on eBay, even if the auction doesn't move again.

Yeah, but that was two and a half years ago. This book has increased in value dramatically since then.