• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

Matthew Kirscht, 33, A painter by profession, have had work shown In Hudson & Brooklyn NY, Washington DC, New Orleans, Costa Mesa, Napa & Sonoma CA. I also do commissions and sell work on ebay. My sculptures were on HGTV's collectible treasures, I've been in one magazine, and am going to be in another in 2007. About collecting, I started buying back issues in 6th grade, and while I have collected many other things like Tiki Mugs, Vintage Halloween Decorations, Space Age Pop LPS and Monster toys, Comics are always there. I am currently living in Missoula MT with my girlfriend until she gets her Masters (Also a painter), then back to New Orleans!

Here I am...

1482957-mattyglass.jpg

And My lady...

494733546_l.jpg

And Some of My work

nightmare2.jpg

1482957-mattyglass.jpg.896d1f9948823fd33f7d79759fc5bda6.jpg

hail.gif

Words fail me. I am a sucker for your work.

Too bad I aint rich! Sucks to be you. flowerred.gif

You are one twisted,,sick mo fo.

And I mean that as very high praise. You got skills Matthew.

Ze-

G'day everyone,

My name is Sergio 42 years young and I have been collecting comics since I was a young kid growing up in Massachusettes. I just wrapped up a 24 year Naval career and currenty reside in Virginia Beach. I am in middle of career and life changes as I decide what I want to do when I grow up ! 893whatthe.gif Lately I have been having fun submitting books to CGC and selling them on Ebay. NorthCarolina044.jpg

I have something that I would like to say about this thread. I understand the place where it is coming from and that it is meant to build a strong fellowship among the board members who choose to post here. However, aren't any of you the least bit worried about all of your personal information being displayed here for the entire world to see? I am not saying that any of our members would ever do anything, but what about those who never post here and might use this information to find where a member might live using some form of a people search? I understand that if someone wants to find out who you are, they will find a way. Why make it easy though for a possible dishonest person who might want to come to your home and take what you have? With a full name and a city anyone can find your address and telephone number by even the most common methods. Once again I am not referring to the members of the board as I have made quite a few friends by posting on here. Alot of those people know who I am. Also, by selling in the marketplace I have allowed members to know my full name and address. This is not about you guys. It is about some possible nut case who might covet what we have and wants to make it their own. I don't think I am over-reacting either. I really like what this thread is trying to do and wish the nature of the world today would not prevent it from becoming successful. I hope I don't get flamed for this as I have the best of intentions.

Scott

Scott, I made a comment in the same vein as your's...we definitely have to be careful with what we disclose. Not that we should not share some interesting info to each other, but we should be wise as to what that info is as to not jeopardize our assets, family, etc.

Hey All!

My name is Chris N. and I am a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps (5 years to retire-Hooray!) I am a comic fan for life and am really enjoying my CGC'd books. I live with my wife and 3 kids (1 dog and 2 cats!), they are my dog-Brittany Spears, and my two cats, Han Solo and Shiva. I am happy to have found somewhere to share my joy of reading and collecting. yay.gif Thanks for reading!! yay.gif

PS- I did edit my post after reading the above concerning information security. Stinks that someone might take advantage of an area developed for comraderie. mad.gif

Hello all, My name is Jim I am 44. Collecting primarily Golden age comic books has been a hobby of mine since 1976. I was inactive for about ten years at the start of my career/family but started back in the hobby in the late eighties (I held on to my comics during my layoff grin.gif.) I am employed as a prison Warden and live in Arizona with my lovely wife and two great kids. I have met some wonderful people on these boards and hope to be more active someday when things slow down. I always look forward to the views exchanged here and am grateful for the knowledge that is shared by all.

Hey All!

My name is Chris N. and I am a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps (5 years to retire-Hooray!) I am a comic fan for life and am really enjoying my CGC'd books. I live with my wife and 3 kids (1 dog and 2 cats!), they are my dog-Brittany Spears, and my two cats, Han Solo and Shiva. I am happy to have found somewhere to share my joy of reading and collecting. yay.gif Thanks for reading!! yay.gif

PS- I did edit my post after reading the above concerning information security. Stinks that someone might take advantage of an area developed for comraderie. mad.gif

I couldn't agree more Chris. That is the only reason I decided to say what might be construed as raining on the parade. I was beginning to think that noone else agreed with me. I am just concerned about my fellow members and I know that they are adults and can make their own decisions on what to make public knowledge. I see it as a rather scary thing to do.

I will give details about myself and my background, but I will not tell anyone my last name or my wife and daughter's first name. It is just too big a risk where they are concerned.

Scott

Bah, i'll give some real info besides the garbage I posted earlier.

My name is Jacob Silvers

I'm 17, and have been reading comics since 2002.

I originally got intrested in comics in 2002

after we had moved to where we are now (Warren)

We had a local store (Little Macks) Within walking distance.

I decided to take a walk up there (having to buy some stuff too)

and found out they had a comic spin rack.

The first book I picked up was V2 The Mighty Thor 52.

Then when I went back in again, started to buy Peter Parker: Spider-Man

They got in all the issues up to 57, and then in 2004

got in Spectacular Spider-Man and I have almost the whole run now.

Then in 2005 when the Spider-Man story line started up (The Other)

I was gonna make a goal to get them all, and found a LCS.

I found these CGC boards thanks to Ebay, as I wondered what CGC was about.

Now alittle about me outside the comic world:

I was Born in some hospitale here in Ohio (I think somewhere in youngstown my mom showed me it before)

Lived through most of my years as a kid, I went to Christain school.

for 3rd grade I went to puiblic, but that didn't last long as 4rth I went back to Private again.

in 2000, or else it was 2001, my dad passed away in February.

I've since then gotten over it, and so has my mom.

about the same time I went to home schoolin.

In about 2003 we got internet, and I got a PS2 with a network adapter.

PS2 was my way to go online as I wassen't intrested in going online via PC.

Now I am on the PC all the time, and like to do websites and forums and stuff.

And collect comics. smile.gif

Hey All!

I couldn't agree more Chris. That is the only reason I decided to say what might be construed as raining on the parade. I was beginning to think that noone else agreed with me. I am just concerned about my fellow members and I know that they are adults and can make their own decisions on what to make public knowledge. I see it as a rather scary thing to do.

I will give details about myself and my background, but I will not tell anyone my last name or my wife and daughter's first name. It is just too big a risk where they are concerned.

Scott

Right on Scott. With the ease of gaining sensitive info via the internet, or some FOIA request, it is prudent to be careful. yay.gif That said- I am happy to be here! yay.gif

hi.gif I'm Gaute Hjartaaker, from the island Stord on the west coast of Norway.. not far from where Thor found the Hammer in JIM #83 thumbsup2.gif

I'm 30 yrs of age, and I work as a cartoonist by day and DJ by night - My 1st graphic novel is set for a '07 release! (see samples here ) As a DJ I mainly do electronic/house and Hiphop/R&B things - I also make music; check out my myspace if you're into electronica..

Combined list of what I was reading at 12 and what I'm collecting today:

BA DC horror

Marvel Monsters

Alien Worlds/Twisted Tales

EC

Byrne FF

Goodwin/Trimpe Hulk

Claremont/Byrne UXM

Barks Duck books

Mystery in Space

hi.gif Hi Gaute, ..nice to know a fellow electronic musician / DJ. Your the only other one I have noticed so far on these boards. I have a myspace / band webpage too, ..check it out: http://www.myspace.com/jdstrange

My artist name is Jd. Strange. thumbsup2.gif

If you want to download (or listen) to more of my music, click on some of my links under my signature. I mainly produce IDM, drum -n- bass, ambient, hard techno, and experimental, but used to produce hardcore techno between 2000-2003 under an alias called "Lords of Distortion". I'll take a look (and a listen) at your myspace page. wink.gif

Cheers

- Jd.

Name is Mattias and im the only danish guy on the boards acclaim.gif

Work for a fortune 500 shipping company as a manager, currently expatriated to Congo where im responsible for our commercial activities. Am only in Denmark 4-5 times a year for meetings and holidays. No wife and no kids (im only 21 for gods sake insane.gif ) after highschool/college i enrolled as a mng trainee in my current company and have studied (and still do) a master in Business Administration where im currently doing selfstudy and virtual studies (not much study at all so far 27_laughing.gif) completed the trainee programme this summer and am subsequently expatriated...

Collectingwise i do CGC HG BA X-men and midgrade SA issues, as well as TOS, DD and Cap A. These boards keep me connected to the civilised world when im in Congo sitting behind my windows with bars and looking out on the guards posted at my house confused.gif , no life is not too bad, just different than what most of you guys are accustomed to (and myself since i have only been here a month)

Received my belongings from Denmark this week (arrived in a container, surprise surprise ) and even though i have stored my more valuable comics in my brothers house in DK im happy say that my collection survived the trip in safe conditon grin.gif

Not much else to say, work 12 hours a day currently... read some comics, chat on the boards, sleep , get up and do it all overagain (nah we have some excellent night clubs for expats as well grin.gif )

Thats it for me... keep them coming, so far this is an excellent thread thumbsup2.gif

Bah, i'll give some real info besides the garbage I posted earlier.

My name is Jacob Silvers

I'm 17, and have been reading comics since 2002.

I originally got intrested in comics in 2002

after we had moved to where we are now (Warren)

We had a local store (Little Macks) Within walking distance.

I decided to take a walk up there (having to buy some stuff too)

and found out they had a comic spin rack.

The first book I picked up was V2 The Mighty Thor 52.

Then when I went back in again, started to buy Peter Parker: Spider-Man

They got in all the issues up to 57, and then in 2004

got in Spectacular Spider-Man and I have almost the whole run now.

Then in 2005 when the Spider-Man story line started up (The Other)

I was gonna make a goal to get them all, and found a LCS.

I found these CGC boards thanks to Ebay, as I wondered what CGC was about.

Now alittle about me outside the comic world:

I was Born in some hospitale here in Ohio (I think somewhere in youngstown my mom showed me it before)

Lived through most of my years as a kid, I went to Christain school.

for 3rd grade I went to puiblic, but that didn't last long as 4rth I went back to Private again.

in 2000, or else it was 2001, my dad passed away in February.

I've since then gotten over it, and so has my mom.

about the same time I went to home schoolin.

In about 2003 we got internet, and I got a PS2 with a network adapter.

PS2 was my way to go online as I wassen't intrested in going online via PC.

Now I am on the PC all the time, and like to do websites and forums and stuff.

And collect comics. smile.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif