• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

I will join the fun: name is Dave, early 40s, wife and 2 kids, dog, 2 cats, 2 goldfish and 2 treefrogs smile.gif Reside in southeast Michigan. Automotive engineer/Tech writer.

Love comics in all forms, started reading and collecting Marvels and DCs around 1970. Started re-collecting in 2002. Huge Avengers fan, love moderns. Had a huge CGC graded Avengers collection which I recently sold off to invest in some beautiful northern Michigan property with my brother. Many on this board profited from this sell-off, as did I grin.gif

Other hobbies include: collectible card games, D&D, and miniatures. Big MMORPGer, currently enjoying World of Warcraft. I also like getting Buckeye fans all stirred up, especially on this board (it is fun and easy - just try it!).

Still got JC on Ignore, which makes my days so much more enjoyable here.

thumbsup2.gif

77 on board so far.............

893applaud-thumb.gif

1koko........................George

Aces..........................Chris

Africancomicgirl.............Annaka

Alex De Large................Tom

Arexcrooke...................Arex

backtomarvel................Parker

Bavin..........................David

bigfiver69......................Brian

BigHulkFan...................Bill

binarysunrise.................Jared

blutobc.........................Brian

Bronzed_Jbone.........Jason

BuckeyeChaos...........Craig

Buffyfan........................Don

cd4ever........................John

comicartfan..................Michael

comicdey.....................Collin

comicdonna...................Mike

ComicsAndCode...........Peter

comic_memories...............Sergio

Comicwiz.....................Joseph

Dad&Son......................Paul

drice6900....................Dave

drummy.......................Dan

dudeman5000....................Chris

EvilAsh........................Stephen

EwanUK........................Ewan

ffcomics......................Chris

Flying Donut..................Dan

frederic9494.................Frederic

gaute........................Gaute

Hawkman....................Justin

HUSH..........................Joe

herald2galactus.............Mark

ignimbrite...................John

JiveTurkeyMoFo.............George

joeypost......................Joe

jokersrevenge................Arthur

Jungle_Junkie................David

justin2003....................Justin

Karma23....................Larry

kc120us.......................Casey

Mad Dog....................Mattias

marveljunkie..............Brian

Mike_Dillon...............Mike

Monkeyman.................Mike

Montezuma...................Monty

musicmeta...............Michael

Mutant keys..................Daniel

namisgr...................Bob

nearmint.......................Jeff

Nikos61.......................Nik

pirate............................Anthony

Red_Hook....................Brad

Rhino...........................Steve

Rocketeer....................Jack

Sal...............................Marc

scheradon....................John

Scottish.....................David

shiverbones.................Matthew

Showcase-4................Steve

Silvers24...................Jacob

Slacker......................Jim

sterlingcomics..............Sterling

svndst1030...................Darrell

thanos_oftitan...........Paul

the-comic-trader.............James

THE_BEYONDER.........Christopher

Theagenes.................Jeff

thirdgreenham................Andy

timwcol2.....................Tim

topofthetotem................Lawrence

trevorlsmith..................Trevor

Uberman X....................Martin

UnrulyAppendage..........Jon

WEBHEAD..................Paul

Ze-man.......................Kenny

My name is Jay. My last name can be found easily using Google and a few forthcoming keywords. I'm a entrepreneur, but have yet to strike it rich. Right now, I have a day job running the product management group for a large Internet company.

A few companies/sites I have started: NetInformer.com, ComicSeeker.com, CollectorClick.com.

Dealers and anyone who runs a website, please check out CollectorClick.com and PM me if interested in joining the beta. Launch in within a few weeks. (Don't go through the registration process right now!!!)

I live in Southern California with my wife and 3 kids. Our dog of many years passed away this year. (I love Rhodesian Ridgebacks) I wake up early 2-3 days a week and surf in Malibu (or other spots near there). I have a masters degree from NYU.

Having completed my silver age Flash run this year, I'm now moving on to Golden Age. I started with Archie's in 1980.

No supprise my name is Bill Morris , I live in a small town called Wallasey in the United Kingdom .

I have been registered for quite a while but not posted much , I have no problem with disclosure .

I spend about 200 / 250 dollars per month with Bob Storms ( great guy ) and about 100 dollars on ebay ( a bit hit and miss but you take a chance and sometimes it's worth it ) .

My name is David. I live in Muncie, IN with my wife Anne. Our house was built in 1918. My wife is a stock broker and I have a fairly mundane job analyzing data and reporting it to customers.

My main interest in comics is reading good stories. I am most interested in GA Batman, but I'll read anything good. Just read my favorite Sin City story on Friday. Had time to stop by a bookstore and read "Family Values". Y the Last Man TPBs are coming in the mail soon via ComicSupply. I would say I'm not much of a collector per se, mainly a reader. My collection is a complete hodge-podge with a lot of modern comics. I'm trying to reorganize it, but it's slow going.

My other main interest in the last few years is cycling. I bought my first road bike this summer (Giant OCR3). But I found it's not very comfortable so I'm going to sell it and find something I like better for long rides. Now that the weather has turned cold, I mostly bike indoors on my Cycleops.

I guess my main claim to fame on the boards is Nohands Mystery Theatre, which came about when Fuelman started posting silly kitten pictures. I found his source and started posting them back at him. With luck, NMT will return for Christmas.

Ok, I'll join in too... shy.gif

My identity revealed: Hey there, I'm Neal! I was born in the summer of '74 -- so, I guess that makes me 32 <ugh>. I managed to grow up in the rural WNY region neighboring the banks of the historic Erie Barge Canal, but escaped to the big city (Buffalo, NY) once I got a big-boy job in my early twenties. Currently not married and no kids, but my girl Rebecca, my dog Michelob (yep, like the beer... mmm, beer) and I bought a great house in a Buffalo surburb last fall and are making a fabulous go of that. I work in the automobile finance business field, though I am not a dealer, banker or repo-guy. I'm involved the the "Asset Disposition Business", for banks and other lenders via Wholesale Auto Auctions -- basically, used car buyers buy cars from me and I turn vehicles back into cash for banks! Lather, rinse... repeat, lather rinse.. repeat!

Well, I got my comic-collecting start in the late '70's via copies simply bought for me, continuing until near '82/'83 or so when G.I.Joe began to be more fun. Then I stayed away for a bit until that "great" McFarlane/ Speculator Craze/ Prizm-Hologram Cover '90-'94 era, but don't hold that against me - those were still good times. Then, after another longer break ending sometime around early 2004, I had begun to find a renewed interest in comics for nostalgia sake. Now I find myself returning to embrace comicdom completely once more. This time as a man-of-means, I look towards those those great Bronze-Age books of my youth, while adding a heathy dose of CGC's for good measure! Though I've been an eBayer since '99, I've only briefly begun to sell... and certainly appreciate all the incite from you folks!

My true passions lie in CGC'd Bronze-Age Marvels. Though I collect many, my favorite runs are:

ASMs - focusing on #152-203 w/ only true spinner-rack, "UPC" covers - YEA !

SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN - especially the earlier portion of the run, pre #50 - ROCK !

CONAN THE BARBARIAN - featuring high-grade copies of #30+, love those melee covers - BY CROM !

KULL, TARZAN and KA-ZAR too... it must be the old-school D&D in me!

Oh, and I almost forgot - Ta-DA... THE HUMAN FLY cloud9.gif

You may read my entire discertation on this most esoteric of 1970's heroes here: My Righteous Rojatt's set.

Since stumbling upon these forums in August, I have leaned much and met many. I respect the knowledge and fellow appreciation of the hobby as presented in these venues and look forward to contributing as a can. I suppose that's my story for now... perhaps more will follow as I continue creating it.

See all y'all on the boards -- take care out there! thumbsup2.gif

Well, if Spiderman can reveal his ID to the world....so can I.

My name is David Rodemerk. I live in Rochester, NY. This year I reached my 30th birthday. Currently, I work as an Editor developing Indexes for a codification publisher: we publish city's, town's, and village's laws. Not the best job in the world, but it beats unemployment.

I grew up reading Uncanny X-men, New Mutants, Wolverine, and the New Warriors. Then once I started "collecting" I moved into collecting 1st appearances. I was never a card collector, so I guess this my version of collecting rookie cards. Once high school hit, and I turned into a suave Tony Stark (minus the drinking habit) girls didn't think comics were cool. Flash forward till now, and I have the coolest girlfriend who digs Y: the Last Man, JLA, and Mouse Guard...comics are cool again.

Rock on!

My name is Dan and I've been collecting since roughly 1978 with a 10 year hiatus from 1984 - 94 for college and life. 27_laughing.gif My wife, 2 daughters and I live in SE Michigan though I originally hail from Toledo, OH. I was born in 1966.

The following are what I focus my collection on:

Justice League Of America = this is the title that really ensnared me back in 1978. If you would've asked me in 1980 whether I could have ever imagined owning the entire run, I would've said no. But now I'm just issue #2 away from completing it. The chase is so much part of the fun.

X-Men = happy to say I knew who Wolverine was (and liked him) before it was in vogue. (A friend had the Iron Fist with the X-Men and X-Men #107 ) The Claremont/Byrne era made me realize how great comics could be. Even though I loved JLA, the better stories sat here. X-Men became my 2nd largest title to collect but I only have #95 - 222 and about 45 issues from the Silver Age with my oldest being #4.

Conan = I completed my Conan run a couple of years ago. I have the first 130 issues or so. I should take them out and look back on them again.

Besides those, I look for JLA & X-Men cameos, some World's Finest, B&B, Avengers and some Bronze runs of DC's.

My name is Dan and I've been collecting since roughly 1978 with a 10 year hiatus from 1984 - 94 for college and life. 27_laughing.gif My wife, 2 daughters and I live in SE Michigan though I originally hail from Toledo, OH. I was born in 1966.

The following are what I focus my collection on:

Justice League Of America = this is the title that really ensnared me back in 1978. If you would've asked me in 1980 whether I could have ever imagined owning the entire run, I would've said no. But now I'm just issue #2 away from completing it. The chase is so much part of the fun.

X-Men = happy to say I knew who Wolverine was (and liked him) before it was in vogue. (A friend had the Iron Fist with the X-Men and X-Men #107 ) The Claremont/Byrne era made me realize how great comics could be. Even though I loved JLA, the better stories sat here. X-Men became my 2nd largest title to collect but I only have #95 - 222 and about 45 issues from the Silver Age with my oldest being #4.

Conan = I completed my Conan run a couple of years ago. I have the first 130 issues or so. I should take them out and look back on them again.

Besides those, I look for JLA & X-Men cameos, some World's Finest, B&B, Avengers and some Bronze runs of DC's.

Hi Dan.

My guess is you also love the Moodies....

"Ive miles

And miles

Of files

Pretty files of your forefathers fruit

And now to suit our

Great computer,

Youre magnetic ink..."

893applaud-thumb.gif

Anthony Carpenter. I went to college at the best football school in North Carolina. (East Carolina Arex, not Wake).

That's like saying you work in the tallest skyscraper in North Dakota. sumo.gif

Did i say anything negative about your post?

Here's my shot at this. Name's Paul. And, since Rockland Co., NY has gotten a few mentions, I'll glady chime in--grew up there in the 1960's and '70's. Now, I live in MA and I'm the proud father of two kids under the age of 5, and they make everything make sense. They are also becoming comic and cartoon nuts and well versed in everything from Little Lulu to Popeye to Spider-Man.

Unlike a lot of people on the boards, I've almost never sold a book out of my collection. The good part of this is that I've got a life-time of strolls down memory lane. The bad--well, my collection is really a collection of collections. There's the NY collection, the Montreal collection, the Boston collection, the DC years, and finally my return to MA. One day I hope to integrate everything. I've been reading comics non-stop since the late-60's and have been collecting since the mid-1970's, when I used to attend the Creation cons in NY. Great memories.

My active collecting is on temporary hiatus while I pursue this insane venture: 'Toon TumblersR.

What do I look for now: high grade Archies, Harvey's, March of Comics, and filling in the BA holes in my collecion. Anything to have fun. Of course, I still collect cartoon glasses also.

Non-comics interests: growing tomotoes, the Mets, and the NY Footbal Giants (wanna vomit after tonight's throw-away).

aren't any of you the least bit worried about all of your personal information being displayed here for the entire world to see?

gossip.gif Your personal information is already on the internet for all the world to see, you just need to know where to look.

Hi y'all.

My name is Bruno.

I reside in the garden of england, i.e.Kent, but I commute regularly to London.

I'm not worried about people trying to steal my collection because the grounds of my house are patrolled by a Security Company with extremely hungry dogs as pets.

Hey, I'm rich but so what...I earned it, and I love to spend it!

I collect Very High grade Comic Books, which usually cost disgustingly large piles of Cash.

I have absolutely no problem with Restored Books, whether they be trimmed,pressed or sprayed with eau-de-Cologne.

As long as the Original Book provides the core of the item, and it looks nice...it does'nt bother me.

The day is coming when 'PLOD', will not be an issue, and I look forward to that day.

It irks me that all the bleating and whining about Pressed and trimmed books goes on....so what?

RESTORED is good.

I collect vintage Cars also, and most of 'em are restored. There's no point in having an Original 1966 E-Type Jag in the garage, if its a battered up piece of *spoon*.

Same deal with comics in my book!

Ewert is not the pariah of this hobby, look to the pompous so called 'saviours' for that title.

Strange most of 'em are Lawyer/Dealers or both. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have an army of lawyers at my disposal, horrible little men...every one.

I like these Boards...hope to stay around for some stimulating banter.

I also love Cookies, hence my handle...and Joe Collector is my idol...what a guy! cloud9.gif

aren't any of you the least bit worried about all of your personal information being displayed here for the entire world to see?

gossip.gif Your personal information is already on the internet for all the world to see, you just need to know where to look.

Yes, I made a similar statement in a previous posting, but I also said why make it easier for them to find your information?

Scott

Yes, I made a similar statement in a previous posting, but I also said why make it easier for them to find your information?

Scott

how is anyone going to find it? are they going to come to the collector's society comic book message boards in the next week or so before this thread drops past page two, and read the thread? are they going to google for "comic book collector real name" or "comic book personal information?" or do you think they're already here, in which case doing any type of transaction with anyone, even people you think you can trust, is a scary proposition. it's a little bit too cloak-and-dagger for me, Scott.

i think your nervousness about ID theft on the Internet is well founded in general, but in this specific instance it seems a wee bit overblown to me.

flowerred.gif