• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Missouri Collection - New 3,000 Book Original Owner Collection Found

445 posts in this topic

Guess we should not go out of our way to offer books to forumites first then. Is that the message they are trying to send?. screwy.gif

No, we are trying to send a very clear message:

If you want to SELL books, feel free.

If you want to PIMP books, eat me.

What's you're doing in the other thread is pretty pimp-trashy, and I think you know it it. Just pure hype, with no real sales.

Probably due to the fact that Esquire is pumping everyone up in the other thread, but with no books or prices yet.

Yea, there is a good reason. yeahok.gif

Well, I intend to sell my collection SOMEDAY, so you think it would be totally cool for me to post book after book after book, all without prices and with absolutely no sales taking place?

If so, then I'm scanning over the weekend and wasiting some bandwidth - just to prove a point. yay.gif

Holy *spoon*, the world is coming to an end.....I actually agree with JC on this one.

Me too. Post the books with prices or don't post at all. The boards could do without a carnival barker, used car salesman type atmosphere. confused-smiley-013.gif

Holy *spoon*, the world is coming to an end.....I actually agree with JC on this one.

Me too. Post the books with prices or don't post at all. The boards could do without a carnival barker, used car salesman type atmosphere. confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

You know what guys, you don't like my style. Don't buy from me. Seriously. Don't. I don't need either your money or your attitude.

There are hundreds of books to get ready, especially having two collections break at once. There are Hollywood Hill books still coming from CGC. This is not my day job. It takes a lot of time to get everything ready while at the same time I try and work and spend time with my family.

Do I need to go out of my way to offer these books to forumites such as yourself who is nothing but ungrateful and complains all the time? All you do is ruin things for the rest of the board. I don't need to offer them in advance to forumites at all, yet I am. Believe me I am not going to have any problems selling Marvel comics that grade out from 9.2 to 9.8. And the beauty of it is I can wait all day until they sell. My mortgage payment will still be paid without concern.

So, tongue.gif

Well i posted expressing an interest on two books in that thread and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply or even acknowledgement so im out as well.

They were both held for you, and you were going to be the first person who received the price to see if you wanted them (and if you haven't noticed I've been a little busy sending folks scans from the Western MO collection, up to 3 am each day). I am trying to keep everyone on an even tier. I stated very clearly in the thread when the books would go on sale. FRIDAY.

But as I said above, you don't want to buy from me, perfectly fine. hi.gif

Why is this collection/sale being advertised in at least two different posts in different forums? Is this some kind of new marketing ploy?

I can't tell if any books are actually being sold at all but I see that some are starting to show up on Ebay.

Because all of the Western MO books are being FIRST offered to forumites. That means they can go in this thread.

If they are not purchased after posting, they go up on ebay. That means they have to be advertised in the ebay/dealer thread.

If this is a violation of the CGC rules, then someone please point that out to me. As far as I can tell, I am strictly following the rules.

Agreed, Andy.

And hey, if anyone has heard that Satan has some nice DC war books, could you ask him to contact me.

Shep

Satan called, but all he has currently in stock is some low grade Sgt. Furys....,sorry.gif

Are the star ratings really meaningful? Not to me. Lob up the books, people will buy. As Bob Storms told me once, most collectors would buy books from Satan for the right price.

Sad, but very true Brian. Fortunately, I am not Satan and I have the good fortunate to decide who I want to sell to. So, to reverse that sentiment, I choose not to sell to Satan or folks who would simply prefer to give me an attitude. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Not being a full-time dealer has its perks! yay.gif

Are the star ratings really meaningful? Not to me. Lob up the books, people will buy. As Bob Storms told me once, most collectors would buy books from Satan for the right price.

Sad, but very true Brian. Fortunately, I am not Satan and I have the good fortunate to decide who I want to sell to. So, to reverse that sentiment, I choose not to sell to Satan or folks who would simply prefer to give me an attitude. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Not being a full-time dealer has its perks! yay.gif

Actually I think it'd be easier to not sell to Satan rather than wanting to buy from Satan (there's fewer books, and probably more customers). Honestly -- there's that whole thread up top where you see forum guidelines and people wanting to police the marketplace rules. To me, I think if the seller's style is annoying, so be it -- just ignore the thread til you get what you want or don't buy. But, I think a lot of people are increasingly frustrated with tactics employed by many sellers on the boards, and that's just continuing to come through every time there's something that people don't like.