• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Missouri Collection - New 3,000 Book Original Owner Collection Found

445 posts in this topic

[i have the good fortunate to decide who I want to sell to. So, to reverse that sentiment, I choose not to sell to Satan or folks who would simply prefer to give me an attitude. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh no!! Where did CGC hide that crying icon. 27_laughing.gif

They pulled because you used it way too much with your constant crying. You complaion about everything in every thread. this is just another example of your negativity on a subject that doesn't concern you. You don' tplan to buy the books but just want to trash talk another thread.

Mark

I for one think that there is nothing wrong with using Guerilla Market tactics. Maybe that is because I am an entrepreneur and I went to the Wharton school for my undergrad studies.

I am happy seeing scans of books whether I own them or want them, or even if I don’t.

I greatly appreciate the fact that you guys are giving first shot at books to forumites at what seems to be reasonable prices. I think it is very nice that you are letting people put first dibs on a book even prior to you being ready to determine the value of the book. I would have put a claim in on the Action 101 but it looked a little ugly. I will put in a tentative claim on the Showcase 22 if that one is not yet sold. If you have not posted a scan/ price on that one I hope you will do so soon.

Due to your efforts I uncovered a copy of the true First appearance (?) of the much loved character Omaha hiding in my collection, and to not hi-jack this thread I will post a scan of it in the copper forum. As it and the other Adult comics I found with it (Black Kiss and Cherry Poptart) are not yet ready for sale I would not want to offend any ones delicate sensibilities by starting a thread about them here.

Jim

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

If you don't like the carnival barker style, why waste your time here? Just come back on Friday when the books are actually for sale. End of story! thumbsup2.gif

Wow, you should open up your own think tank, there Einstein. 27_laughing.gif

That's the key - instead of ONE PERSON changing their posting style and adhering to the marketplace, EVERYONE ELSE should totally change their viewing habits and leave the forums for a few days, right?

How old are you, 3?

27_laughing.gif Leave the forums for a few days? Why yes, I think you should! 893applaud-thumb.gif

He should leave a lot more than 3 days.

TomMurnane was banned for having an overall negative attitude. Well guess who else does too?

no worries..when the books are posted and if the prices are right..they will buy. flowerred.gif

Me too! Sign me up! I'll take them all . . . of course, if the prices are right . . . and when they are posted . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Thats what I did with the "Charm City" Collection (I still feel sheepish about giving it a name and stopped doing that after the first few weeks, I'm also not a pedigree type buyer but thats a different story.)

the one true advantage to giving a collection like this a name is not because you can pimp it easier, but rather to let people who have bought out of it before know about relative quality of new offerings.

or you can just say "this is from the same batch of books i sold before," which works for the first collection, but can be problematic when you find multiple collections...

and Mark - i sent a pm to Donut about grades for a few books - should i have sent it to you, or should i just presume mssr. 'nut is swamped?

TomMurnane was banned for haveing an overall negative attitude. Well guess who else does too?

Does it begin with a D? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since when did you become Johnny-positive? Your last time-out? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Thanks for the response. I only wish it was intelligent enough to warrant me commenting on it. Maybe I go check out your low grade books in the marketplace, or better yet I'll go watch "gigli" on cable. It has to be better than your posts.

If you don't like the carnival barker style, why waste your time here? Just come back on Friday when the books are actually for sale. End of story! thumbsup2.gif

Wow, you should open up your own think tank, there Einstein. 27_laughing.gif

That's the key - instead of ONE PERSON changing their posting style and adhering to the marketplace, EVERYONE ELSE should totally change their viewing habits and leave the forums for a few days, right?

How old are you, 3?

27_laughing.gif Leave the forums for a few days? Why yes, I think you should! 893applaud-thumb.gif

He should leave a lot more than 3 days.

TomMurnane was banned for having an overall negative attitude. Well guess who else does too?

Tom's negative attitude was specifically directed at CGC. j-c's is directed at everyone else

Tom's negative attitude was specifically directed at CGC. j-c's is directed at everyone else

Very true. I guess CGC draws the line at abuse to others and abuse towards them. thumbsup2.gif

hey, you're still here, so Q.E.D.

flowerred.gif

Very true. I guess CGC draws the line at abuse to others and abuse towards them. thumbsup2.gif

hey, you're still here, so Q.E.D.

flowerred.gif

I wanted here by others. I couldn't leave even if I wanted to. confused-smiley-013.gif

I can not say that I agree 100% with Flying D or Esquire about their selling methods and the amount of "pimping" but this is an area to sell. With that said, the last 8 pages only had a few posts from either Esquire or Flying and no comics for sale. <Because of 8 pages of people complaining and basicaly hijacking the thread>

If you do not like their methods or practices its just as easy not to post a reply to add 8 pages of junk.

That being said Flying and Esquire, I am looking foward to seeing more scans and prices..even if I do not buy any I love looking at books.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

1) Everybody who PMed me will be getting a PM back tonight with a scan and a price of the book they asked about. I just picked everything up this morning.

2) I have nothing to do with the Hollywood Hills collection, and hope that all the vitriol directed against Mark goes in there.

3) If you see a book from me it will have 1) a scan and 2) a price.

4) Please tell me where I'm pimping anything? I have a huge collection to sell, and I'm selling it to forum members first. Give me a break.

sign-rantpost.gif

TomMurnane was banned for haveing an overall negative attitude. Well guess who else does too?

Does it begin with a D? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since when did you become Johnny-positive? Your last time-out? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Thanks for the response. I only wish it was intelligent enough to warrant me commenting on it. Maybe I go check out your low grade books in the marketplace, or better yet I'll go watch "gigli" on cable. It has to be better than your posts.

Let me know when and where you intend to have an intelligent discussion, and I'll join right in. In the meantime, just go. You have added nothing here. 893blahblah.gif