• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goon 2 Splash - Blatant Shilling

26 posts in this topic

I noticed the same thing this morning and politely asked the seller what he was going to do to protect established bidders from low feedback, thrill-bidders, who have never bid on a piece of art before that seem to be going hard and fast after this page.

I mentioned that most established bidders will stay away from his auctions based on what they see here. He has posted all the other questions posed to him, I wonder if mine will make the cut.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Good work, Solar!thumbsup2.gif

Digging a little deeper, we also have:

xangelofhatex

xthedozax

xoboxcutterox

xwekillforpeacex

xjonoxnamelessravenx

There's lots of cross-posting of feedback for each of those ID's. Go figure. Aiyiyi.foreheadslap.gif

Digging a little deeper, we also have:

xangelofhatex

xthedozax

xoboxcutterox

xwekillforpeacex

xjonoxnamelessravenx

Just got a response back from the seller, that he would email low feedback bidders, but that he has "dealt with the current 7 feedback bidder before and trusts him".

Chris

you folks should thank him for being so blatant about it. i mean, if you're going to be stupid, the least you can do is make it easy for others to figure out how stupid you are

Obvious shilling, yep, but if it was a piece you really wanted...would it keep you from bidding?

If it was still what I thought was a fair price - sure I'd bid.

But If I put in a big bid - and this guy shilled it up - I'd cancel my bid.

Check out the current bid history. The shill bidder ("xholden_caulfieldx") has conveniently retracted his bids now that a sucker (the current high bidder "beverlyhillscloseouts") has outbid him.

The bid history no longer shows how the shill bidder systematically upped his bid (from $600 to $1550) in $50 increments to reveal the (then) high bid. That, to me, is way more damning than the similarly named user ID's.

No impropriety here.yeahok.gif

The bid history no longer shows how the shill bidder systematically upped his bid (from $600 to $1550) in $50 increments to reveal the (then) high bid.

Oh that is a steaming load of *spoon*, what a bunch of bull - *spoon* I have half a mind to get a posse together and, and and ....go get pancakes. Sorry, it's early and I have not had breakfast yet.

At least now, based on this new information, there is not doubt about the scam being perpetrated. Thanks for the detective work..

Chris

You now what, this is a really nice Goon splash but the sellar has really turn me off. I feel bad for WavingnotDrowning because his top bid was revealed to everyone else. If I was in a better situation I would have thrown my bid in but after seeing this BS, NO WAY. It just stinks.

There is another Goon page up and that sellar is a stand up guy. He is first class and I would buy from him any day of the week. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif