• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Could Arch perhaps highlight their "date registered" in red until 90 days has passed? :shrug:

Don't they teach addition and subtraction in the US Army? (shrug):insane:

No just how to kill :grin:

How to add ammo and subtract enemies :sumo:

Could Arch perhaps highlight their "date registered" in red until 90 days has passed? :shrug:

Noted.

I'd like to present a motion that divad be in charge of logging new member sign-ups and informing them of the restrictions in place vis a vis selling/buying, and further that he should inform the Moderators when these restrictions are broken.

All in favour, please say "aye, motion 2" to keep the votes separate.

Oh, and "aye" to the motion presented by divadrabnub

Edited by Sal

I formally propose a 90-day waiting period from registration date, before being able to post a sales thread in the Forum Only selling forum. :sumo:

Who seconds this motion? :whistle:

90 days? Isn't that a bit harsh, David? hm I started selling books about a month or so after I joined. As far as I know, I haven't had any complaints.

And does this also include buying? I started buying books after being on the Boards only a couple of weeks...

My suggestion is 30 days waiting period (with active posting) for selling,and as far as NOOBs buying stuff in the Marketplace, it would be up to the discretion of the seller.

I can see your point; however, maybe what is needed is a thirty day waiting period for buying and a ninety day waiting period for selling. When you take into account that you are trusting someone with your money, I do not think that is unreasonable at all.

They would still be free to sell in the dealer marketplace right?

Noted.

I'd like to present a motion that divad be in charge of logging new member sign-ups and informing them of the restrictions in place vis a vis selling/buying, and further that he should inform the Moderators when these restrictions are broken.

lol Motion 2 is out of order - not seconded. :baiting: You can't just go making willy-nilly motions :makepoint::roflmao:

Noted.

:signfunny:lol

I formally propose a 90-day waiting period from registration date, before being able to post a sales thread in the Forum Only selling forum. :sumo:

seconded :makepoint:

Duely noted, those in favor say, "aye" ;)

:bump:

I'll go with the motion also, even though I, like Thomas, started posting sales threads within a week or two. However, to make a long story short, I do see the wisdom in having a trial period.

Aye

And being very rusty on parliamentary procedure, I'll second motion 2 (please correct me if I'm out of line :D )

I'll go with the motion also, even though I, like Thomas, started posting sales threads within a week or two. However, to make a long story short, I do see the wisdom in having a trial period.

Aye

And being very rusty on parliamentary procedure, I'll second motion 2 (please correct me if I'm out of line :D )

Too late - Motion 2 has been tabled as defective :insane: It needs to be re-submitted. btw, I decline the nomination in advance lol

90 days? Isn't that a bit harsh, David? hm I started selling books about a month or so after I joined. As far as I know, I haven't had any complaints.

And does this also include buying? I started buying books after being on the Boards only a couple of weeks...

My suggestion is 30 days waiting period (with active posting) for selling,and as far as NOOBs buying stuff in the Marketplace, it would be up to the discretion of the seller.

I can see your point; however, maybe what is needed is a thirty day waiting period for buying and a ninety day waiting period for selling. When you take into account that you are trusting someone with your money, I do not think that is unreasonable at all.

Yes, but isn't that more or less directing someone to an established web site or eBay?

Aye

Too late - Motion 2 has been tabled as defective :insane: It needs to be re-submitted. btw, I decline the nomination in advance lol

Whoever smelt it, dealt it, Dave. Consider it a forced assignment

Yes, but isn't that more or less directing someone to an established web site or eBay?

I held a regular sale thread there soon after the split.

The rules of the forum only market were still being hashed out and I didn't want to bother with the headache.

The rules of the forum only market were still being hashed out and I didn't want to bother with the headache.

Maybe we just should have a thread that outs all the bad buyers and sellers, deals gone bad, etc??

hm hm

Maybe we just should have a thread that outs all the bad buyers and sellers, deals gone bad, etc??

hm hm

:golfclap:

Edited by Mr.Diggler

Does it appear that we've gone full circle now, and that "anything goes"? It no longer makes sense having split threads; it no longer makes sense having guidelines; anarchy rules. :sumo:

Does it appear that we've gone full circle now, and that "anything goes"? It no longer makes sense having split threads; it no longer makes sense having guidelines; anarchy rules. :sumo:
10 new sales threads since I left work yesterday and came in this morning.

That's a lot. Not a gripe, just an observation. Although the chances of me going thru them all are very small.

Doesn't seem that way to me. There are many, many, many sales threads popping up lately, but everything on the first page looks within the guidelines upon a cursory glance.

• Administrator

Yeah, what exactly are you looking at that is a guideline problem?