• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Does it appear that we've gone full circle now, and that "anything goes"? It no longer makes sense having split threads; it no longer makes sense having guidelines; anarchy rules. :sumo:

Yeah, what exactly are you looking at that is a guideline problem?

He was cranky.

Does it appear that we've gone full circle now, and that "anything goes"? It no longer makes sense having split threads; it no longer makes sense having guidelines; anarchy rules. :sumo:

He was cranky.

Didn't some guy start a thread and say he'd start listing books in a week or something...?

:insane:

If I thought it was appropriate to point out here (without creating a firestorm, that is), I would have. :grin:

More to follow . . .

10 new sales threads since I left work yesterday and came in this morning.

That's a lot. Not a gripe, just an observation. Although the chances of me going thru them all are very small.

I think it's official...the Marketplace has become the most active sub-Forum on this Board.

There are so many threads now that I only have time to look at certain sellers'' offerings...kinda like the VCC...

Jim

If I thought it was appropriate to point out here (without creating a firestorm, that is), I would have. :grin:

More to follow . . .

Yeah, as we would hate for you to be vague or anything.

This place is going to HeII in a Handbasket.

Lots of blatant rule-breaking, astute forum members pointing this out, which causes immature and irate sellers, who are in turn (if they have nice books) being supported by mindless, slavering groupies tossing every insult in the book.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST FOLLOW THE RULES???

This place is going to HeII in a Handbasket.

Lots of blatant rule-breaking, astute forum members pointing this out, which causes immature and irate sellers, who are in turn (if they have nice books) being supported by mindless, slavering groupies tossing every insult in the book.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST FOLLOW THE RULES???

It's been pointed out a few posts above this that the Marketplace is getting more and more posts every day, so it's natural that there will be more people not sticking to the rules.

Maybe the percentage won't rise but the total amount will.

If most of us that want to keep the marketplace "clean" point it out, using the template that Arch provided it should minimize all the fuss.

And of course there will be shouting or name-calling by people who think their thread is being sabotaged..but I guess nothing will ever stop that.

I'm making a promise here and now that I'll come to the defense or *anyone* that quotes the "Arch-template" to help a seller follow the guidelines and gets pounded on. (thumbs u

Are the Mods on spring break? I am awaiting a response(or the PM even to be read) by Architecht to a PM from two days ago.

immature and irate sellers...mindless, slavering groupies...stubby little fingers...

The transgressions of a few sellers notwithstanding, why did you even "sift through the wreckage" in Dale's thread, or throw yourself on the cross in Bill's thread with your "they'll probably blame me" post? What's the point? Both were taken care of, in a mostly civilized and mature fashion, prior to you poking around the ashes to try and inflame the situation. doh!

Like I said, your 5+ year history of insulting and antagonizing the members of these forums has caused a lot of bad blood, and going looking for trouble isn't a good way to try and change that...neither is the non-stop name-calling. 2c

astute forum members

JC being self-referential hm

Another post by someone who knows nothing about the situation at hand.

I came in late to the "big one", after all the "you're breaking the rules" posts had been laid down, the seller exploded, and then left in a huff. doh!

The transgressions of a few sellers notwithstanding, why did you even "sift through the wreckage" in Dale's thread, or throw yourself on the cross in Bill's thread with your "they'll probably blame me" post? What's the point? Both were taken care of, in a mostly civilized and mature fashion, prior to you poking around the ashes to try and inflame the situation.

Because I was honestly surprised that the thread was still there, books still listed, prices still featured, and a BIG website link to Dale's dealer site.

I felt that there had to be more than what was being posted, otherwise the Mods would have deleted it in a NY minute. Right? It openly flaunted several rules, but there it was, comics, scans, prices, website links and all. I assumed that something was going on behind the scenes and Dale was correcting his errors.

It turned out I was wrong, and he actually *was* selling EBay Store stock while openly promoting his website. :screwy:

BTW, I do not think "groupie" is name-calling, but a very accurate representation of what was going on in that thread - with many openly (and insultingly) supporting Dale's right to totally contravene board regulations.

I don't see your anger about Dale's thread. He did break the rules, it was maturely pointed out to him, and he stopped posting. The end.

Yes, the thread is still there and the books are still up but that's generally how it works. The mods rarely intervene and delete a thread, although they have on a couple rare occasions. It was a dead selling thread and that should have been the end. And it was until you went all TJ Hooker on him.

I went TJ Hooker on him?

I asked a simple question and Dale absolutely blew a fuse, calling me names, insulting my intelligence and basically acting like a tool. He also blew up on several other posters who brought the transgressions, and insulted them as well.

But I'm the bad guy, right? lollol

EDIT: It looks like the thread got nuked. lol:banana:^^

I went TJ Hooker on him?

I asked a simple question and Dale absolutely blew a fuse, calling me names, insulting my intelligence and basically acting like a tool. He also blew up on several other posters who brought the transgressions, and insulted them as well.

But I'm the bad guy, right? lollol

EDIT: It looks like the thread got nuked. lol:banana:^^

Vince, you were neither saint, nor victim, so let's get that out of the way up front...

However, Dale had the arse and the tone of his responses were not what I would hope for. The 'I suppose I might have slightly bent a little titchy-witchy rule or two' defense is poor, especially from one of the better-known sellers on the boards, and he did go into semi-meltdown with his 'thanks to icefires and GACollectibles' snide comment.

That it was then declared that all transgressions should be pointed out by PM firstly is also total BS. We don't go the PM route with newbs, so why do it with someone who should know better (and, let's be honest, actually does)?

I'm sick to death of giving people a pass if they are 'nice' or have 'nice books'. that...play by the rules or have it pointed out to you. And don't act the arse when it is pointed out to you in your thread, and don't start arguing whether they are good rules or not...they are the ones we've got until they change.

Besides, if you did things properly in the first place, none of this would happen, now, would it? :makepoint: