• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay/Paypal problem any thoughts/help

17 posts in this topic

I am having a big problem with a incident that was kinda my fault. I had a few auctions end and packaged them up and sent them out. One of my customers told me they received the package and it was not what they ordered. I had printed labels for ups and switched 2 by mistake. The problen is the other person didnt complain because they got a good deal The 2 packages that got switched were one for 89.58 and the other was for 876.54. I asked politely if he could retrun it so I could send him the correct one. All he did was laugh at me and he heckles me by sending me emails about the incident. Now the other person has put in a claim with paypal(which I understand) and now I'm stuck. I am going to send a refund with a apologie but can I do anything about the other person? He has admitted in emails to me he got the package and the books which were in it. Can I forward this to Paypal or do anything about it? frustrated.gif

frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

hello all...

Unfortunately, from my understanding of the law, you are at the recepients mercy if they are not willing to help you with the return...as long as they received a parcel addressed properly (in other words, not misdelivered by the carrier, then you could hold the carrier responsible), contents are not "discernable"...hopefully this person will relinquish and do the right thing (you could politely threaten legal action, but if they are knowledgable, then they will know there is really nothing legally that can be done)...

I had this happen to me once, and it ended up with me loosing on both ends..

rick

I am having a big problem with a incident that was kinda my fault. I had a few auctions end and packaged them up and sent them out. One of my customers told me they received the package and it was not what they ordered. I had printed labels for ups and switched 2 by mistake. The problen is the other person didnt complain because they got a good deal The 2 packages that got switched were one for 89.58 and the other was for 876.54. I asked politely if he could retrun it so I could send him the correct one. All he did was laugh at me and he heckles me by sending me emails about the incident. Now the other person has put in a claim with paypal(which I understand) and now I'm stuck. I am going to send a refund with a apologie but can I do anything about the other person? He has admitted in emails to me he got the package and the books which were in it. Can I forward this to Paypal or do anything about it? frustrated.gif

I don't know what the law is in the US, but in the UK I would be politely telling the person who has received the expensive package that he has clearly got the wrong one and that as he knows this, and has admitted as such, would now be knowingly holding something which he was not legally entitled to have, in fact he was dishonestly keeping it and could be something the police could look at.

Maybe worth at least some civil law advice and explain to paypal as well, but I wouldn't hold your breath with that one!!

I'm sure you could take him to small claims. With the evidence you have, I don't think any judge would find against you. Not sure if the distance and time are worth it, but I believe you can file and have him served without actually travelling there. Maybe that alone would make him return everything. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not sure if you can do this or not, but couldn't you just send him a bill by using the request money tab in Paypal? I think that is what I would try. You have his e-mail address, I would just bill him for the total amount due for the books you sent him. Then when he doesn't pay, you may be able to take some action through Paypal by showing them the e-mails you received from him stating that he has the books or maybe even legal action. Just a thought.

I like the ringing the doorbell idea. What city/state was it sent to?

LA California

I was thinking of filing a report with there police maybe it will help and he could get spooked if his local police contacts him on the matter

I like the ringing the doorbell idea. What city/state was it sent to?

LA California

I was thinking of filing a report with there police maybe it will help and he could get spooked if his local police contacts him on the matter

Yep, and they'll probably drive past several gang shootings and meth deals to take care of it, too!

thumbsup2.gif