• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UFF is dying on the vine

14 posts in this topic

Man Ultimate Fantastic Four started out decent, got great during Millar's run, but has turned sour with the past few issues. After seeing the Previews for February, I don't see it getting better in the next arc (Diablo? Ugh.).

Sadly, I will be dropping it at the end of this arc frown.gif

My opinion, I don't think it's that bad. The coloring has been pretty sad so it makes the book appear dull and boring. I would definitely agree that it's not as good as the Ellis & Millar runs. But it's hard to maintain that level of greatness with revolving creative teams. On the other hand, I really enjoy Carey's work in most books.

I plan to keep up with it for a bit. If it does continue to drop in quality, I may be joining you.

Pat

This was the last Marvel book I was still buying (and I'm only buying three other books, Y The last Man, Astro City & Planetary) and am also thinking of dropping it.

The difference in quality, art and writing, between the last Land book and the first of the new creative team was so big that I turned me off big time. I still haven't read the last 3 issues, haven't even picked them up from my LCS. If they are as bad as the last one I've read I'll be Marvel-less for the first time since I returned to comics 5 years ago.