• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,803 posts in this topic

Bullet, I just saw your registry set and was amazed by all those early high grade copies. It is really cool to see someone focus so seriously on a fun, difficult and overlooked title. Many of these books are indeed very attractive in high grade and appear undervalued right now.

Thanks for looking. Officially I am at 41% complete but it is more like a little more than 50% complete as I have a batch of raw books that have just not made their way down to CGC yet. As you can see by the set, if it wasn't for the Crippen copies and the Dell File copies, this would be an impossible task to complete in higher grade. Thanks to EBAY, most of these books can be found in lower grade on a regular basis, with a few issues almost never showing up. Most of the Silver Age pedigrees do not go back far enough to be included, but I do have a White Mountain copy along with Crippens,Dell File, Rockford, Edgar Church, Crowley, and a few more in my sights to be added shortly.

Your collection of Four Colors never ceases to amaze.....it's a great run with tons of great stuff.....I see there's a 227 in CGC VF- with a BIN on ebay for around $50-$70 right now.

I had a great trading day @ SDCC last Friday, I added 87 more books to the list there as well as 22 more from trades with board members in the same week. I will post the new have list when I get everything processed in a week or so.

here are a few that I got in from Richard (Mr Bedrock), Not sure which of them have already been posted # 12, 186 and 243 all Bambi and Thumper

fc12.jpg

fc186.jpg

fc243.jpg

Is this #12 a Canadian version, I don't remember ever seeing it with a 15 cent cover? I always liked the "lettering" of the 10c on this particluar issue.

Ed

I had a great trading day @ SDCC last Friday, I added 87 more books to the list there as well as 22 more from trades with board members in the same week. I will post the new have list when I get everything processed in a week or so.

here are a few that I got in from Richard (Mr Bedrock), Not sure which of them have already been posted # 12, 186 and 243 all Bambi and Thumper

fc12.jpg

nice old book you have there potter. I always enjoy seeing the first series issues.

here are a couple I got in from a trade with Mr Bedrock. Now Monty cna fill in a few more holes on his check list.

I would like to know how you are able to turn a spreadsheet into an image that you are able to post on the boards, it would certainly make posting my list much easier.

fc101.jpg

fc400.jpg

here are a couple of more that have not been shown yet.

FC786.jpg

FC795.jpg

FC812.jpg

for those of you who are interested I posted my latest HAVE list in the Want to Buy thread. It is up to 545 now and getting very long. Sure wish I could figure out a more concise way of displaying it.

I

I've added your books to the list, but Photobucket is giving me problems right now. The images will be updated once the problem is fixed.

As to getting the spreadsheet to an image, I just copy it to a graphics program (in my case Paint Shop) and save it as a jpg.

Monty