• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

it does not look like we will get anywhere close to all of them in the year. I am sure that we will get to 900 and maybe up to 1000

fc480.jpg

Keep on postin'!

According to Jerry Bails' Who's Who, this cover is probably by Al Hubbard.

Does that seem right? I don't think of him as drawing girlie covers! Nice, simple gag cover, whoever it is.

Jack

beautiful books there Monty, thanks for sharing them.

I just got another shipment in from the high grade source. I had gotten a bunch about 5 months ago and those were among the first I posted. I will likely not get to processing those until late in the year. In the meantime here is antoher installment.

fc482.jpg

fc486.jpg

fc487.jpg

next installment.

Since I have all of the great supplies from Comic Supply available I am able to finish rebagging the books to get them all in some level of mylar. once that is done I can get another couple of boxes ready for scanning. even crappy books look much better in mylar

fc489.jpg

fc490.jpg

fc501.jpg

fc506.jpg

fc514.jpg

I picked up a couple of random ones last week too. First 2 early-ish cowboys and then an Uncle Wiggily because Jack always seem to be fond of that series. It sure seems like those animals can throw a party in the page I scanned -

47539-FourColor93-GeneAutry.jpg.2b98f1292d1c0cbfeb9b12c8b7a7b2e7.jpg

47540-FourColor153-RoyRogers.jpg.e9472c494b38ec56528822aa794a09c3.jpg

47541-FourColor491-UncleWiggily.jpg.49e2f977afdd6bb9819b15ffc73b772d.jpg

47542-FourColor391-Story1Pages.jpg.90754a5ff2a47ad59e32ceabca4f6db5.jpg

Here are a couple I have scanned, just tried them on ebay, no interest in either. The No Time For Sergeants is out of a lot of VERY pretty FC's I picked up last spring.

drum610.jpg

notime914.jpg

I picked up a couple of random ones last week too. First 2 early-ish cowboys and then an Uncle Wiggily because Jack always seem to be fond of that series. It sure seems like those animals can throw a party in the page I scanned -

Thanks! Nice, bright cover art.

(Just what I need. Attracting Scrooge's attention to FC issues that I don't have!)

I do like Uncle Wiggily comics, including the great Kelly issues, notably the cover of FC 179.

(Odd that he's not listed on the feature at Jerry B's Who's Who.)

I like all the action on that scanned page. The chickens look like Warner Bros and the fawn looks like Disney! Who's Who suggests Lynn Karp, Bill Weaver or Bill Wright artwork. I have a gut feeling that Karp might be right, based on some help with previously attempted IDs at GCD.

Sort of macabre, the chickens happily boiling and coloring their eggs. Sorta like steers having a burger barbecue.

Jack

47541-FourColor491-UncleWiggily.jpg

47542-FourColor391-Story1Pages.jpg

Very nice -- is your ebay ID the same as your ID here? I don't browse for Four Colors very often, but I'm looking for a bunch.Paratrooper might be interested in No Time For Sergeants if he doesn't have it already (parachute cover).Jack

Here are a couple I have scanned, just tried them on ebay, no interest in either. The No Time For Sergeants is out of a lot of VERY pretty FC's I picked up last spring.

drum610.jpg

notime914.jpg