• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,869 posts in this topic

Is it my imagination, or is this book a bit harder to find than surrounding issues? I've been looking for a copy with nice eye-appeal for a long time.

Given Transplant's comment and the fact that this is the last Bugs I need of the Four Color Bugs, it's clearly a "harder" book to find, esp. in non-trashed condition. "Harder" is a relative term, none of the Four Colors are obviously really hard to find of course, compared to other comics.

I didn't mean to suggest it was rare or anything, it just seems that, given the humongous print runs of FC, that you'd think this wouldn't be as tough to find in decent shape. I'm convinced collectors just love the cover and don't want to part with it. The fact that there's 3 board members with similar experiences is pretty telling.

Given Transplant's comment and the fact that this is the last Bugs I need of the Four Color Bugs, it's clearly a "harder" book to find, esp. in non-trashed condition. "Harder" is a relative term, none of the Four Colors are obviously really hard to find of course, compared to other comics.

Sorry Scrooge, I had to :baiting: you. At least you know I won't snatch it away from you a mere second before. :whistle:

FC0088-FC-BugsBunny001.jpg

Love this copy, just wish someone didn't try to erase all of the pencil marks off the front cover.

Don't worry, we'll find you a copy soon enough!

Picked up three different Brownies issues over the weekend. Thrilled to add them! Also an excuse to play around with UBB code to see if I can get all 3 to line up!

th_FC0192-FC-TheBrownies.jpg th_FC0365-FC-TheBrownies.jpg th_FC0398-FC-TheBrownies.jpg

I'll join this club with a book I picked up from Greg Reece. I've been trying to find a lower grade copy for a while that wasn't either overpriced or missing chunks and/or pages. This will satisfy me until I can upgrade later on.

FOURCOLOR17835FRONT.jpg

I picked up a couple of short boxes from the last Heritage auction of stuff from the Gary Dahlberg/Twin Cities collection. Some of the nicer stuff that I needed that was in it (by no means a comprehensive offering!)

th_FC0457-FC-Daffy-TwinCities.jpg th_FC0897-FC-JiminyCricket-TwinCities.jpg th_FC0937-FC-RuffandReady-TwinCities.jpg

th_FC1067-FC-YogiBear-TwinCities.jpg th_FC1074-FC-ChillyWilly-TwinCities.jpg th_FC1109-FC-ThisisYourLifeDonaldDuck-TwinCities.jpg

th_FC1152-FC-RockyandHisFriends-TwinCities.jpg th_FC1166-FC-RockyandHisFriends-TwinCities.jpg th_FC1349-FC-YogiBearVisitstheUN-TwinCities.jpg

Also, the FC1349 has the story back, the one I was forever looking for. Glad to get this copy in particular!

Edited by Baz

Picked up three different Brownies issues over the weekend. Thrilled to add them! Also an excuse to play around with UBB code to see if I can get all 3 to line up!

th_FC0192-FC-TheBrownies.jpg th_FC0365-FC-TheBrownies.jpg th_FC0398-FC-TheBrownies.jpg

UBB code works (thumbs u

I've not read any of those but if I had one in my hand I'd been awfully tempted to sit down for a few minutes so I could. :applause:

This is a very fun club to be a part of! :headbang:

I'll join this club with a book I picked up from Greg Reece. I've been trying to find a lower grade copy for a while that wasn't either overpriced or missing chunks and/or pages. This will satisfy me until I can upgrade later on.

FOURCOLOR17835FRONT.jpg

Is it my imagination, or is this book a bit harder to find than surrounding issues? I've been looking for a copy with nice eye-appeal for a long time.

I was thinking of another boardie who especially loves the early Bugs Four Colors. I don't know if he has this book or not. I don't have it nor do I remember seeing it at any shows recently.

I think the Central Valley Smiling Jack was my most recent FC book. They're hard to find at the local shows and I haven't been to any bigger ones recently. I'll repost this one as homage to the #88 above.

FourColor322-filecopy-fc.jpg

At the risk of hijacking this thread, a crosspost from the May Heritage thread:

Noticed an interesting book. Roy Rogers Annual (1947). It's 132 pages and according to comics.org, it predates Roy Rogers Comics from Dell. The cover on the Annual is the same as Roy Rogers #2.

Also raises another question. Usually when a Four Color title was transitioned to its own book, the new series starts out at the sequential # of the issues published before. Example, Uncle Scrooge starts at #4, after 3 Four Color issues. Roy Rogers had (by my count) 13 FC issues before moving to its own book. Just an interesting little observation.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, a crosspost from the May Heritage thread:

Noticed an interesting book. Roy Rogers Annual (1947). It's 132 pages and according to comics.org, it predates Roy Rogers Comics from Dell. The cover on the Annual is the same as Roy Rogers #2.

Also raises another question. Usually when a Four Color title was transitioned to its own book, the new series starts out at the sequential # of the issues published before. Example, Uncle Scrooge starts at #4, after 3 Four Color issues. Roy Rogers had (by my count) 13 FC issues before moving to its own book. Just an interesting little observation.

The Roy Rogers Annual, even though it has a Dell imprint, was actually printed by Wilson Publishing in Canada. It was available only in Canada as well. It is a reprint of the first 4 issues. Thanks to Dell4c who informed me when I thought it was a "missing" dell book from my checklists.

I'll trade you my 88 for your 33 :baiting: