• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Missing 1352 Finding this specific issue is pretty tough to start with. Anything over fine is almost impossible. For those unaware, this was the first month that Dell comics dropped back to 12 cents after an unsuccessful price move to 15 cents a while back. Sales for Dell comics in general imploded upon the price increase and never really recovered as Super Heroes were becoming the stars of the day AND still priced at 12 cents.

1352%20A%20Ponytail17_zpstqpahgri.jpg

1352%20B%20Ponytail18_zpsuntt9ggy.jpg

A fairly recent pickup. Love that cover, although I think the narration box could have been better handled. hm

72feda57-7948-4cb8-aad9-c84d02f7fbf5_zpsourvbszp.jpg

Like it a lot, Tony - I have fond memories of Tomorrowland from when I was a kid.

A fairly recent pickup. Love that cover, although I think the narration box could have been better handled. hm

Like it a lot, Tony - I have fond memories of Tomorrowland from when I was a kid.

Thanks, Steve. When I was a kid, we were too broke to make it down to Disneyland (from SF) but I had a Disneyland guide that I think my brother had gotten from somewhere that I used to pore over. "Rocket to the Moon," or some similar name, was a ride that looked very cool in the pictures -- probably far cooler than it actually was. :D

And, of course, I watched the Disney TV show every week. My recollection is a bit vague, but I think Tomorrowland was the basis for fewer episodes than the other three "lands."

That is a very nice book and an award winner.

don christensen, writer(L) & anthony sgroi, artist® receive awards for man in space comic from walt disney in may 1957

00082412.jpg

That is a very nice book and an award winner.

don christensen, writer(L) & anthony sgroi, artist® receive awards for man in space comic from walt disney in may 1957

00082412.jpg

Very interesting. Thanks for posting it!