• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

These missing 4-Colors - are these issues that were originally slated to be 4-Colors that ended up as their own title? They fill in the gaps in the later 4-Color issues? If so, is there a definitive list someplace? I believe I read something in CBG a long time ago that Maggie reported on finding the list in a file copy buy that Geppi made. I saw the list too when I was visiting Steve in Baltimore, but never had the time to do the research.

These missing 4-Colors - are these issues that were originally slated to be 4-Colors that ended up as their own title? They fill in the gaps in the later 4-Color issues? If so, is there a definitive list someplace? I believe I read something in CBG a long time ago that Maggie reported on finding the list in a file copy buy that Geppi made. I saw the list too when I was visiting Steve in Baltimore, but never had the time to do the research.

Interesting. I had not heard of the list Maggie Thompson found.

Boardie 4Gemworks has done a lot of sleuthing to identify books that seem to have been intended as Four Colors, but that ended up being published either as "nn"s or as issue 1s. Here's the link to his discussion from a few pages back in this thread: Link to list

A fairly recent pickup. Love that cover, although I think the narration box could have been better handled. hm

72feda57-7948-4cb8-aad9-c84d02f7fbf5_zpsourvbszp.jpg

Nice...I've never seen that one... (thumbs u

Thanks. I admired it for quite a while on Bedrock's site before finally pulling the trigger.

Nice book, especially considering it's not a file copy where most of the high grade copies come from,!

Boardie 4Gemworks has done a lot of sleuthing to identify books that seem to have been intended as Four Colors, but that ended up being published either as "nn"s or as issue 1s. Here's the link to his discussion from a few pages back in this thread: Link to list

Thanks for the link. Geppi purchased a Dell warehouse in the Chicago area (right from under my nose...) around 1993 or so. I was visiting him in his new Timonium offices a few months later and he says, "Check out what I just got." We go into a storeroom and it's just packed with comics that were just unloaded from the Dell warehouse. Stacks of Ken and Barbies and Beatles were right in front of me.

I'm poking around and find a metal file box with index cards. They basically outlined what comics were designated FCs and I mention to Steve that these are the missing FCs. We both go, "Huh. Wow. Cool." We had business to do so I basically forgot about it. Maggie saw it too in a subsequent visit and was much more aware of the significance and basically figured out what was what and wrote it up in CBC.

At least this is what I remember...

Thanks for the link. Geppi purchased a Dell warehouse in the Chicago area (right from under my nose...) around 1993 or so. I was visiting him in his new Timonium offices a few months later and he says, "Check out what I just got." We go into a storeroom and it's just packed with comics that were just unloaded from the Dell warehouse. Stacks of Ken and Barbies and Beatles were right in front of me.

I'm poking around and find a metal file box with index cards. They basically outlined what comics were designated FCs and I mention to Steve that these are the missing FCs. We both go, "Huh. Wow. Cool." We had business to do so I basically forgot about it. Maggie saw it too in a subsequent visit and was much more aware of the significance and basically figured out what was what and wrote it up in CBC.

Great information. So, it sounds like an issue of the Comics Buyers Guide from around 1994 might contain Maggie's article. hm

Lately, I've been thinking about how fun it would be to put together a VG-F/VF run of Four Colors.

I always end rejecting the idea, simply because of the number of issues, and then considering it again a week or so later. lol

Some issues would also be out of range due to price.

Lately, I've been thinking about how fun it would be to put together a VG-F/VF run of Four Colors.

I always end rejecting the idea, simply because of the number of issues, and then considering it again a week or so later. lol

Some issues would also be out of range due to price.

In VG, you could probably do it without spending a fortune, except for a relatively few issues. If you start, please post them here so we can follow along.

Great information. So, it sounds like an issue of the Comics Buyers Guide from around 1994 might contain Maggie's article. hm

If it's not a full-blown article it may have been a news item.

If it's not a full-blown article it may have been a news item.

I didn't hang on to many of my copies, so I know I don't have that issue. I don't suppose anybody has digitized them.