• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,862 posts in this topic

decided to send in some of my books to take advantage of the bulk sale on  pressing/grading for the month of July

Only ever sent in a one other bunch of my best books and those were a few years ago to the other guy

This time I was looking for mid value books and came up with enough to fill a medium flat rate box ( 40 books)

Most of them were Four Colors  so I will see how they grade with a press  compared to the grade I traded for them at.

After joining for the first time the cost for pressing and grading was less than   standard grading.

I hope their next sale is on books between 400-1000  

These were a few of the first batch submitted

fc 146 LittleLulu LS.jpg

FC 152 OrphanAnnie fc.jpg

fc 155 Henry cr.jpg

fc 162 Felix cr.jpg

fc 168 Popeye.jpg

fc 178 DD BearMountain.jpg

I do not know how collectors keep up with an active filing system

The most active part of my collection is the two short boxes of upgradables  that I first  culled from the full collection  mainly to have room to store new additions 

I think i did a second culling at some point, but have no intention of doing another.

I think I have upgraded hundreds of book since first adding those to the hunt/rehunt?

These two western additions are from the tall Texan.  Low grade so now I am filing these straight into  upgradable boxes. Plenty of room since i removed 7  that will make it into the main collection.

I had been eying a a very nice  copy of Wanted from the ebay seller Slayor, but he wanted over 100. so i never got around to trying to put together a second bulk deal

I

fc 1164 Wanted Dead or Alive.jpg

fc 835 Silvertip.jpg

The submission is going slowly, as expected, but at least  all of the books are now inventoried  and broken up into three smaller grouping.   Not really sure why at this point.

In total 42 books were submitted  of which 25 were Four colors.  When they get back I will have to add a 4th magazine sized Drawer box  to house my graded books

Here are a couple more of the books submitted

fc 128 bc.jpg

fc 128 Santa Claus.jpg

fc 133 DickTracy.jpg

fc 334 MM YukonGold.jpg

fc 392 LoneRangersHorseSilver.jpg

fc 282 DD PixilatedParrot.jpg

fc 291 DD MagicHourglass.jpg

with the latest books from BEDROCK  I have  upped my average grade  from 4.855  to 4.877  inching closer to the goal of 5.00

I have also increased my average price invested from 48.66 to 48.85   just a little closer to the 50 goal.  

SUmbitting 25 of my raw books for press and grade  should move each of these ( mainly price) closer to the goals.

the batch shows as CCS in progress 

A couple more from last deal.  Nice to finally have the 673  to close off the 600s

fc 673 Buffalo Bill Jr.jpg

fc 673 bc.jpg

fc 502 Rootie Kazootie.jpg

fc 502 bc.jpg

Saving the best for last  

A very nice copy of Susie Q Smith

If U had this one earlier I would have likelt sent it with my batch  for the discounted Press and grade special.

Also attached is my newly updated consolidated Want list .  All I need is a copy of 561 Mr Magpp and 469 Beetle Bailey  and my consequtive issue streak will jump  to 560

fc 553 Susie Q Smith.jpg

fc  553 bc.jpg

Consolidatedwantlist824.jpg