• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herald2galactus Update

159 posts in this topic

Just curious how much total money is everyone combined out due to not getting paid for comics sent. I bought two comics off him and everything went fine about a month ago. (how come only certain people get a b-day cake icon sign-rantpost.gif)

Just curious how much total money is everyone combined out due to not getting paid for comics sent. I bought two comics off him and everything went fine about a month ago. (how come only certain people get a b-day cake icon sign-rantpost.gif)

It isn't a ton of money. What's perplexing is his entire attitude about the deal. I'm glad things went fine for some people, he's decided he doesn't need to follow through with others.

So is it considered mail fraud since it was through the mail or petty thieft? Just seems odd he was bringing in money from sales and wasn't funneling back out to pay for other books. I feel bad for the board members who lost money and sales because of him no matter how much. I was just curious as the amount. Wrong is wrong whether its .50 or 500.00.

It can be classified as either -- mail fraud can end up being a lost cause. Misdemeanor theft is often a lot easier to get local authorities involved. It is bizarre -- but then from what I've been able to piece together, this is a strange guy. Plus, I have a feeling it stems from the feeling he doesn't "need" to pay these people that's driving this right now. Also, I think it's a thought of, there's nothing they can do about it, and people ought to just wait til I get around to either paying for books or shipping books out he was paid for. Now that he's hit trouble, the attitude is just why bother.

Anyway -- we'll see where it all goes.

I understand that people are upset, but this seems an awful lot like a lynching.

250px-Knot-hangmans-noose.jpg

Herald doesn't care at this point, he's long gone, maybe lurking, but with Pirates thread, he can't come back. yeahok.gif I was hoping to finalize a long standing deal with him, but never a word, email, etc from him....he's just off doing his own grunge thing.

I understand that people are upset, but this seems an awful lot like a lynching.

Being from Texas, I thought you would understand the concept of "Frontier Justice". tongue.gif

If it were one or two isolated incidents, I would agree with you, but the guy has repeatedly ripped off multiple board members and strung along others. His "Nine Lives" have all but expired.

People need to be made aware of this so that they don't get scammed themselves. No one else polices these boards, so we have to look our for one another.

Herald doesn't care at this point, he's long gone, maybe lurking, but with Pirates thread, he can't come back. yeahok.gif I was hoping to finalize a long standing deal with him, but never a word, email, etc from him....he's just off doing his own grunge thing.

So i shouldn't have called him out?

Not really. If Foolkiller ends up finding him, and placing a suit against him, then he'd have his opportunity to explain his side of things. I mean, what's the alternative?

thumbsup2.gif calling him out was a good thing.....I should have said something a long time ago.....I was just way too patient.........heck if he said he wanted to make time or partial payments, I'd have been good with that.............but I was never getting paid.........and his current track record speaks for itself thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif calling him out was a good thing.....I should have said something a long time ago.....I was just way too patient.........heck if he said he wanted to make time or partial payments, I'd have been good with that.............but I was never getting paid.........and his current track record speaks for itself thumbsup2.gif
You still have me flowerred.gif

Perhaps you could make good on the people that are out money or books and we'll all call it even then? poke2.gif

*sigh*

I just see a mob mentality here is all. Like I said before, I understand that people are upset. Sometimes you just have to get over it and move on. I mean seriously, how many threads have there been devoted to H2G with over 100 posts in each?

Perhaps you could make good on the people that are out money or books and we'll all call it even then? poke2.gif

*sigh*

I just see a mob mentality here is all. Like I said before, I understand that people are upset. Sometimes you just have to get over it and move on. I mean seriously, how many threads have there been devoted to H2G with over 100 posts in each?

i see what you're saying, but i don't see "mob" at all.

i see "community," with people basically standing up for each other and getting the word out on someone who has violated said community's trust.

it's not like there are a bunch of posts blasting h2g and threatening to go get him or anything, which to me would be a real mob. heck, there are a lot of posts saying how well their past transactions have gone

confused-smiley-013.gif

*sigh*

I'll tell you what. You get ripped off by him, then we'll see how forgiving you are. Two threads devoted to H2G.

Get over it? Okay, let's all rip off Buffyfan. He doesn't seem care.

i see what you're saying, but i don't see "mob" at all.

i see "community," with people basically standing up for each other and getting the word out on someone who has violated said community's trust.

it's not like there are a bunch of posts blasting h2g and threatening to go get him or anything, which to me would be a real mob. heck, there are a lot of posts saying how well their past transactions have gone

confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree, this thread didn't get out of control at any point, really. A lot of folks were giving H2G the benefit of a doubt for quite some time. I think it wasn't until so many people disclosed bad transactions with him as well as H2G's own unsatisfactory comments in this thread that people started to turn against him. I'm glad to see that folks are working together to actually do something about him rather than just let it slide. I think letting it slide sets a bad precedent.

Update:

I just got off the phone with Mark, who spoke with me in detail about the transactions:

Mark admitted that he basically f--ked up here and that there were a number of other avenues he could have taken to resolve these issues and he didn't do that. Here's the status of the problems:

Kidcolt: He has sent a money order, tracking number will be sent to me tomorrow morning.

Silvers: He has sent books to him, and provided me the tracking number: 03061070000558163537 -- .when I punch in this number, no record of the item. However, I will reemail him because it is possible I copied one of the numbers down wrong as he said it. Hard to believe he would make a number for tracking when he knows I can track it.

Beyonder: He is in the process of getting him paid -- says he sent a US Money Order instead of an international one. Chris sent him the money order back, but he has not sent proper payment yet and will.

Anfield Fox: He agrees he has completely fooked up. No excuse, he just flaked. I am going to provide Anfield's address to him, he will get a tracking number and get payment out to Anfield as soon as he can.

To the others, he hopes to work to pay them all off and honor his committments, though at this point, that might be worth letting go. I will continue to work to resolve this finally and make sure this sees a final resolution.

He did indicate that he had a transaction with Point Five and that took a month to resolve but he finally paid. I reminded him that actions speak louder than words, and failing to come through this time and lying about what he's done will only cause people to never believe a word he says.

Update:

I just got off the phone with Mark, who spoke with me in detail about the transactions:

Mark admitted that he basically f--ked up here and that there were a number of other avenues he could have taken to resolve these issues and he didn't do that. Here's the status of the problems:

Kidcolt: He has sent a money order, tracking number will be sent to me tomorrow morning.

Silvers: He has sent books to him, and provided me the tracking number: 03061070000558163537 -- .when I punch in this number, no record of the item. However, I will reemail him because it is possible I copied one of the numbers down wrong as he said it. Hard to believe he would make a number for tracking when he knows I can track it.

Beyonder: He is in the process of getting him paid -- says he sent a US Money Order instead of an international one. Chris sent him the money order back, but he has not sent proper payment yet and will.

Anfield Fox: He agrees he has completely fooked up. No excuse, he just flaked. I am going to provide Anfield's address to him, he will get a tracking number and get payment out to Anfield as soon as he can.

To the others, he hopes to work to pay them all off and honor his committments, though at this point, that might be worth letting go. I will continue to work to resolve this finally and make sure this sees a final resolution.

He did indicate that he had a transaction with Point Five and that took a month to resolve but he finally paid. I reminded him that actions speak louder than words, and failing to come through this time and lying about what he's done will only cause people to never believe a word he says.

Good work! Now get back to paying for your BINs! poke2.gif