• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner

20 posts in this topic

I agree Epson makes good scanners, you might want to check out the V350 for $150 or less or the 4490 for $200 or probably less. I prefer having an all in one, like having a copy machine build in, so for the same price range you might want to check out the RX580 for $180 or less (the scanner isn't as good as the dedicated ones, but for scanning comics you will never tell the difference.

I don't mean to be rude, but could we stick one of these scanner threads to the top of the forum and make it flash in neon or something?

There are literally dozens of these threads all asking the same question and they pop up at least once a week.

i use the cheapest one i could buy at futureshop at the time ($50) and it works just fine.

Same here... got a flatbed scanner at Sam's Club for about $44... "Visioneer OneTouch"...

has worked great for three years.

I don't mean to be rude, but could we stick one of these scanner threads to the top of the forum and make it flash in neon or something?

There are literally dozens of these threads all asking the same question and they pop up at least once a week.

Agreed that there are a lot of scanner threads. However, my experience from reading several of these threads is that they don't exactly provide the best information for buying a new scanner. A lot of the recommended scanners are no longer available (at least new).

I've been thinking about buying a new scanner for some time. One that shows the full cgc slab, and is available for purchase new at my local Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Frye's, Staples, etc.

If there were a thread where the majority of board members who post would name the manufacturer, model no., legal or letter size, when purchased, price range, and a sample scan of a cgc graded book (since these are the ones some scanners don't do well), I think that would cut down on the number of threads. It would also be nice if the posts would include the settings used.

This could be pinned near the top and be titled "scanner info", scanner advice", battle of the scanners" or something like that.

The new Epson V350 can be had shipped for $142 by one of the most respected online computer hardware dealers. Read the stats on it. Do a search on pricewatch.

A V350 can't scan a CGC book without doing a splice. An HP 7400C gives 48 bit color and legal size scanning ability. It's been discontinued but can be had on ebay for about $50. Its replacement model, the 8200, costs over $200. Note in the sample below (scanned with the HP 7400c) that it is not quite as sharp as what I get with the HP 4890.

SAMPLE:

IM00180.jpg