• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the BEST current monthly series of them all. Name only one and why?

58 posts in this topic

Is it Y The Last Man, 100 Bullets, Ultimate Spiderman, Ultimates, Batman.........

Gotta disqualify Ultimates based on the "monthly" requirement! grin.gif893frustrated.gif

It's 100 Bullets. Best writing, realistic dialouge, great artwork. Azzerello and Risso are the best team out there.

Thjis book is so clever, and so well thought out. Packed full of plot twists. You never know exactly what is going on. Just when you think you have it figured out, a twist!

Great characters, all with their own motives. All the arcs could almost stand alone as mini series, but then you back up and see that they all fall into the bigger picture - Graves vs. the Trust.

Never disappointing. Always leaves you wanting more.

Chris

It's 100 Bullets. Best writing, realistic dialouge, great artwork. Azzerello and Risso are the best team out there.

Thjis book is so clever, and so well thought out. Packed full of plot twists. You never know exactly what is going on. Just when you think you have it figured out, a twist!

Great characters, all with their own motives. All the arcs could almost stand alone as mini series, but then you back up and see that they all fall into the bigger picture - Graves vs. the Trust.

Never disappointing. Always leaves you wanting more.

Chris

I heard so much about this series as one of the best. I have to pick up past issues and start buying the monthly issues.

I have to pick up past issues and start buying the monthly issues.

Buy the trades...alot cheaper, and you'll be able to catch up all the way thru Issue 35. The next issues should be easy to get. This is one book where you really can't afford to miss any issue. People are always popping in and out.

The 4th trade is where you really start to see the "big picture" that I was speaking about. But, if you don't read the others, you will be lost...

Chris

The Flash. At least of the super hero books... since I've only read 100 Bullets from time to time, I can't say that the Flash is really better or worse. I liked Alias too, but for my money the story lines by geoff johns, Scott Kollins's art is the best art/story that appears in any comic book.

RUSE!!!

Just read the whole book from the start...killer art and great story-line........

....kind of like "Wild, Wild West" meets Sherlock Holmes meets Highlander.....awesome.

J.D.

I couldn't get into Ruse too deeply because I kept losing interest and having to pull the cord on my mind with each new issue. But I thought the coloring/art was incredible, and I've bought it just to reward the effort! I'm the same with Kabuki by Mack: I'll buy anything color he puts out, just about.

Daredevil continues to intrigue me immensely.

After missing the 100 Bullets bandwagon entirely, I just bought the first TPB today. Haven't read it yet.

Has anyone here read "The Most Intelligent Boy on Earth" or whatever it's called? It's about a guy who's father re-appears in his life after being absent, and trying to start a new relationship with his son. I haven't read it, but people who appear to have great taste suggest it to me.

And could someone catch me up on Hellboy? It's well-reviewed, but having never read it I'm at a loss. Would someone kindly give me the Hellboy basics to I could appreciate it if I started picking it up? Or should I not?