• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's face it. The 70's sucked.

208 posts in this topic

Rush? Not again. I live in Buffalo, enough of the Canadian music!!

rush...one of the greatest three man bands of all time. also included the police and nirvana

kotz0.gif

opps. i forgot to mention for you peter, paul and mary

but for real, reading one of your earlier posts:

“i think they are the most over-rated, over-blown rock bands ever”

throws out any credibility you could have possibly had with knowing quality music. i can understand you not liking the style of music, but to say they are over rated. do me a favor and listen to the song “we are the priests of the temples of syrinx” and tell me they are not amazing musicians. again you may not like the style of the music but at least respect the quality.

throws out any credibility you could have possibly had with knowing quality music. i can understand you not liking the style of music, but to say they are over rated. do me a favor and listen to the song “we are the priests of the temples of syrinx” and tell me they are not amazing musicians. again you may not like the style of the music but at least respect the quality.

Let me check... yep, I did give my opinion. No need to rehash it - I stand by what I wrote. I respect your opinion, and I hope you enjoy your musical choices as much as I enjoy mine thumbsup2.gif

Let me check... yep, I did give my opinion. No need to rehash it - I stand by what I wrote. I respect your opinion, and I hope you enjoy your musical choices as much as I enjoy mine thumbsup2.gif

oh gee... i'm sorry i thought we we're alowed to respond to other peoples posts.

oh gee... i'm sorry i thought we we're alowed to respond to other peoples posts.

What's left to say? You want me to argue with you about a band that you say is great and I say is over-rated? You want me to bring up the point that nearly every one of Rush's contemporaries are in the R&R Hall of Fame, but they are not? That their last album was their worst selling album ever and they should hang it up?

Whatever dude. I just didn't feel it was worth it yeahok.gif

What's left to say? You want me to argue with you about a band that you say is great and I say is over-rated? You want me to bring up the point that nearly every one of Rush's contemporaries are in the R&R Hall of Fame, but they are not? That their last album was their worst selling album ever and they should hang it up?

Whatever dude. I just didn't feel it was worth it yeahok.gif

nope, no argument here. after your intelligent response to my post with your gremlins puking on one another, i then responded myself when suddenly you informed me that was not allowed.

When I think of Rush, I think of Alpha Flight. A Canadian group, that looked good on paper, but kind of sucked. And like many other bands they started out in the 60s.

I'd go see Paul Anka before I'd ever go to a Rush concert, but I'd never go see Bryan Adams! Sorry Canada, you blew your load with Joni Mitchell and Neil Young!

man.... you must not be a fan of rock. if so how could you say a song like "working man" sucks? just listen to it once more for me.

the only thing i will concede is that i don't listen to or know any of their current stuff.

You want me to bring up the point that nearly every one of Rush's contemporaries are in the R&R Hall of Fame, but they are not?

There are also a lot of bands in there that don't deserve it. The R&R hall of fame is a joke.

Regardless of whether you like them or not, they are one of the most successful, resilient, creative bands in the history of rock music. There's a reason they're still around.

The Byrds are in the hall but not Rush?

Sly and the Family Stone????????????????????????????

The Band???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Velvet Underground??????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????

You know what? I'll even go so far as to say fine, those bands deserve to be there. I'll concede that point.

But if they deserve to be there, then Rush is long overdue for induction. Again, the hall is a *spoon*ing joke.

You want me to bring up the point that nearly every one of Rush's contemporaries are in the R&R Hall of Fame, but they are not?

There are also a lot of bands in there that don't deserve it. The R&R hall of fame is a joke.

Regardless of whether you like them or not, they are one of the most successful, resilient, creative bands in the history of rock music. There's a reason they're still around.

The Byrds are in the hall but not Rush?

Sly and the Family Stone????????????????????????????

The Band???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Velvet Underground?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You know what? I'll even go so far as to say fine, those bands deserve to be there. I'll concede that point.

But if they deserve to be there, then Rush is long overdue for induction. Again, the hall is a *spoon*ing joke.

Where is that Sour Grapes pic? grin.gif

Not really sour grapes. I just have a problem with someone who uses the argument that they are not in the R&R hall of fame as justification that they are overrated.

The problems happen when incendiary opinions come into play. If you had said simply, "I'm not a fan. Their music just doesn't do it for me" then we wouldn't be having this argument.

I'm just as guilty by agreeing with someone that Kiss sucks.

Oh yeah, Kiss isn't in the hall either.

Little known fact. Kiss was once an opening act for Rush back in the early days of both bands. They actually became good friends with each other.