• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's face it. The 70's sucked.

208 posts in this topic

Original Stretch Armstrong type toys are extremely valuable with people paying upwards of $15,000 for Stretch Hulk

I remember having a stretch Hulk over 30 years ago and breaking it ...over 4 years ago I mentioned it on the boards and most people had never heard of it confused-smiley-013.gif

Stretch Hulk

I get the impression now that it was REALLY rare...so I can't for the life of me figure out how I ever got one in my part of the world 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Other great stuff from the 70's:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

David Bowie - Low

Giant Size X-Men #1

Werewolf By Night #32

The Frank Brunner Dr. Strange run

Spider-Man on The Electric Company

Early Sesame Street

The Muppet Show

Young Frankenstein

Blazing Saddles

Saturday Night Live

Parlaiment/Funkadelic

Syd Barrett's solo albums

Syd and Marty Krofft's TV shows

Benny Hill

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Grease

Richard Pryor

Steve Martin in "The Jerk"

Pop Rocks

when did Urban Legends start???

The first one I remember was

when Pop Rocks came out you couldn't drink

carbinated beverages while eating them or you stomach would implode.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

before pop rocks there was space dust - which did the same thing as pop rocks in your mouth but it was a fine dust instead of a rock- does anybody remember space dust?

Plus, one of the most beautiful cars EVER was produced in the early 70s...

Wouldn't that honor really go to the Lamborghini Miura SV? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

Nope. The Miura is overstylized Eurotrash compared to the pure joy of the Ferrari Daytona's lines.

Watch the Gumball Rally sometime and listen the sonorous V-12 sing like an opera star cloud9.gif (with Raoul Julia behind the wheel).

[i'll try and add some better pics tonight. smile.gif]

No Way dude, they rock!

1535066-Red%2520Miura.jpg

West

They can't compare to the beauty of the Daytona. cloud9.gif

1535504-Ferrari365GTB4daytona_1973_side.jpg

1535507-Ferrari365GTB4daytona_1973_rear.jpg

1535509-Ferrari365GTB4daytona_black_int_1973.jpg

Plus, one of the most beautiful cars EVER was produced in the early 70s...

Wouldn't that honor really go to the Lamborghini Miura SV? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

Nope. The Miura is overstylized Eurotrash compared to the pure joy of the Ferrari Daytona's lines.

Watch the Gumball Rally sometime and listen the sonorous V-12 sing like an opera star cloud9.gif (with Raoul Julia behind the wheel).

[i'll try and add some better pics tonight. smile.gif]

No Way dude, they rock!

1535066-Red%2520Miura.jpg

West

They can't compare to the beauty of the Daytona. cloud9.gif

1535504-Ferrari365GTB4daytona_1973_side.jpg

1535507-Ferrari365GTB4daytona_1973_rear.jpg

1535509-Ferrari365GTB4daytona_black_int_1973.jpg

Daytona looks like a 280ZX.... poke2.gif

dc1.jpg

and so my want list grows.

sign-funnypost.gif

The seventies kicked .

Music - Talking Heads, Dark Side of the Moon, Who's Next, Steely Dan, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Exile on Main Street, Little Feat, Ramones (I could go on and on).

Books -

RightStuff.jpg

zen_the_art_of.jpg

gravitys_rainbow.jpg

garp.jpg

1329885_s1_i1.jpg

1582613109.jpg

We currently live in a cultural wasteland by comparison... sumo.gif

I dunno, man. A decade that gave us the 3rd generation Hemi 'Cuda (and other cool early '70s muscle cars), the Stooges' "Raw Power", AC/DC, Motorhead, "Enter the Dragon", and Lynda Carter's boobs is pretty badass in my book...

I dunno, man. A decade that gave us the 3rd generation Hemi 'Cuda (and other cool early '70s muscle cars), the Stooges' "Raw Power", AC/DC, Motorhead, "Enter the Dragon", and Lynda Carter's boobs is pretty badass in my book...
There's probably enough good stuff there to ignore the David Cassidy anamoly.

Original Stretch Armstrong type toys are extremely valuable with people paying upwards of $15,000 for Stretch Hulk

I remember having a stretch Hulk over 30 years ago and breaking it ...over 4 years ago I mentioned it on the boards and most people had never heard of it confused-smiley-013.gif

Stretch Hulk

I get the impression now that it was REALLY rare...so I can't for the life of me figure out how I ever got one in my part of the world 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You probably had the one produced in the UK by Deny rather than the one produced by Mego in the US

There are only 11 known examples of the Deny Hulk still in existance, Lou Ferrigno owns 2 of them! 893whatthe.gif

There are only 4 Mego ones known to still exist (I've held 2 of them as 2 are owned by the same person) The Mego ones will always sell for at least $12,000 and I think the last one sold for about $20,000

Other Uber-rare ones include Batman, Spider-man, Superman and of all things.... Plastic Man (which there is only ONE known example now)