• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

I'm Sterling Smith, who the hell are you?

Where the heck have you been, Bass master?

Sterl, I've been around, just haven't contributed much since I haven't been buying any comics over the last 6-9 months. I'm still in bass collecting mode but slowing down. I think I'm done buying and am gonna stay put at about 20 or so (with about 15 others ready to sell). So now I'm trying to get inspired again about comics. And like others have said, the nostalgia part is one of the main forces that is bringing me back. This thread made me think about 100-pagers again. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What is it about you 100page collectors that make you so competetive? What is this big attraction to 100 pagers? this aura that drives you.

Though I'm not as competitive as some here and wouldn't pay the prices these HG 100 pagers are currently going for, the format brings home the nostagia more than any other of the Bronze Age in my opinion. The Marvel GS issues come a close 2nd.

They were a great value for a kid, 100 pages for 50/60 cents. Didn't matter they were mostly filled with reprints. I remember them fondly and have taken that into my adult collecting phase. I suspect others of the same age do so as well. The demand for these doesn't surprise me whatsoever. It'a also a neat and tidy collecting niche for collectors to complete and beats trying to collect a complete title which could run hundreds of issues.

Jim

Well said.

We only have about 115 issues. And some are a pain to get in high grade. That makes it a challenge as well.

The 1st of 3 I ever picked up when I was a kid was the DC100PSS #20 - Batman/Two-Face cover with Red/Blue/Yellow Batman logo. That book was the it book for me. I pulled out a buck and bought that, as well as, a Defenders #12 and a Superboy (I forgot the issue # (Cardy cover).

That was the beginning for me. That's why I'm here today. thumbsup2.gif

I know... I know... It was a long time ago. 27_laughing.gif

Does anyone know who "get in my belly" (ebay id) is? He has bought many high grade 100 pagers. It would be nice to see him put his collection in the registry.

getinmyfatbelly?

If so, you're talking about a fellow forumite! No, not me. I'll mention your idea next time I zap a PM to him. I didn't know he was doing 100 pagers though... juggle.gif

Does anyone know who "get in my belly" (ebay id) is? He has bought many high grade 100 pagers. It would be nice to see him put his collection in the registry.

getinmyfatbelly?

If so, you're talking about a fellow forumite! No, not me. I'll mention your idea next time I zap a PM to him. I didn't know he was doing 100 pagers though... juggle.gif

No, someone else

getinmyfatbelly?

No, someone else

It's not me, I'm into Undergrounds. Someone who's had a similar ID for a long time it seems, but only has 2 feedbacks (I don't think it's the same one if he's buying a lot of 100 pagers).

I'm number 4 in the world!!! yay.gif

They're ranking douchebags now? confused.gif

why sonny, they've been ranking douchebags since aught-aught, starting with the first "web's biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed extravaganza" that was put on by a collection of sites celebrating the birth of the new millenium, featuring prizes sponsored by Flooz®, of course this was all before people began realising that the new millenium din't actually start until aught-one, but you could tell folks about this fact and they wouldn't listen, what with their fancy tee shirts and party hats with the glitter and the -script-style writing what read "Dawn of the New Millenium" and things of that nature

why sonny, they've been ranking douchebags since aught-aught, starting with the first "web's biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed extravaganza" that was put on by a collection of sites celebrating the birth of the new millenium, featuring prizes sponsored by Flooz®, of course this was all before people began realising that the new millenium din't actually start until aught-one, but you could tell folks about this fact and they wouldn't listen, what with their fancy tee shirts and party hats with the glitter and the -script-style writing what read "Dawn of the New Millenium" and things of that nature

Well, eat my corns and call me Tasty! This here intervision superhighway is just opening up my eyes to worlds and places heretofore unconceived of by my mind! I barely remember where I was back in aught-aught, but that is likely due to the moonshine-induced coma I suffered back in aught-four which done did in my mid-term memory (such a thing was not known to have been in existence up to that point by Science™).

Now, what was I talking about again?

Well, eat my corns and call me Tasty! This here intervision superhighway is just opening up my eyes to worlds and places heretofore unconceived of by my mind! I barely remember where I was back in aught-aught, but that is likely due to the moonshine-induced coma I suffered back in aught-four which done did in my mid-term memory (such a thing was not known to have been in existence up to that point by Science™).

Now, what was I talking about again?

we were discussing times of tall cotton and high dudgeon, years of such innocence and freedom, full of men who would gulp corn squeezins by the gallon, which of course was acceptable back in the days of aught-aught and the like, as doctors - bonemasons we called em for reasons i don't rightly suppose are worth mentionin - hadn't begun to warn us of the evils to be had by the overexertion of those things what brought us joy such as they do now a days, things like imbination of corn squeezins in quantities mentioned earlier, the love of a fair woman met not a half hour before, the oxidation and inhalation of the plant called loco weed by the Native Americans and the consumption of foods chock full of good things like unnatural flavors and sodium chloride, all of which would lead a man to look over at his neighbor - we would actually speak to our neighbors back then, on account of them not living right on top of us in our premanufactured housing like they do today - and say, now that there fella down at the end of the bar...that fella is a prime, grade-a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed