• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

is it any wonder mr. anderson doesn't stay on these boards.

I agree.

Not to isolate any one person, but anyone who wonders why so many major collectors and dealers stay away from these boards just needs to read above at the childish and/or unnecessary banter that was posted by some people. Not only does this thread address a very serious issue between two collectors that has now unfortunately taken a public turn before resolution, but the response by others certainly doesn't encourage new forumites who wish to discuss serious issues to join these boards.

sign-rantpost.gif

ughhh try some paragraph breaks

hail.gif

I'll never complain about greggy or the Brain posting too many graemlins again!

What did he say?

Something about restro on GA comics?

restro..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Everyone know's that is Astro's evil twin.

06)-JM0718-Astro-&-Elroy.jpg

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers.

The label of dealer and collector are remnants of the past. We just a bunch of people buying and selling comic books.

S

Stop quoting Bob Storms! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers.

The label of dealer and collector are remnants of the past. We just a bunch of people buying and selling comic books.

S

Stop quoting Bob Storms! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Actually, it is Bob Storms quoting me.

S

Mark.....in case you haven't noticed....the childish behavior and name calling you mentioned is going on between the major collectors and the dealers. At least, that's how I'm reading this.

good point. although they’re really just defending them selves. i would do the same.

My definition is thus......a dealer is someone who buys books with the intent to sell. That's distinct from a collector, who may end up selling books from his collection, but he isn't happy about it.

I agree.

Not to isolate any one person, but anyone who wonders why so many major collectors and dealers stay away from these boards just needs to read above at the childish and/or unnecessary banter that was posted by some people. Not only does this thread address a very serious issue between two collectors that has now unfortunately taken a public turn before resolution, but the response by others certainly doesn't encourage new forumites who wish to discuss serious issues to join these boards.

sign-rantpost.gif

I disagree except for this statement a very serious issue between two collectors that has now unfortunately taken a public turn before resolution

What are people supposed to do when someone waltzes in here and drops this wordy speech on us (the public gossip.gif )

Are we then limited to popcorn as we watch the thread fall off the first page?

In fact Mr. Anderson has been welcomed a few times. thumbsup2.gif

And since the great Shill-round-up-2006 has occured, no one can say the shills are attacking him. SO far it's been a good thread (as good as it's start has set the tone).....

But what I'm afraid we are going to see is an Elitism arise and say certain unsavory elements aren't allowed to be here while the big boys are talking. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Welcome to the Boards Mr. Anderson. Please take the advice of forum member Sal and cruise on down to the GoldenAge forum.

S

Cept I never sell. I'm a black hole. tongue.gif

I agree.

sign-rantpost.gif

I disagree except for this statement a very serious issue between two collectors that has now unfortunately taken a public turn before resolution

What are people supposed to do when someone waltzes in here and drops this wordy speech on us (the public gossip.gif )

Are we then limited to popcorn as we watch the thread fall off the first page?

In fact Mr. Anderson has been welcomed a few times. thumbsup2.gif

And since the great Shill-round-up-2006 has occured, no one can say the shills are attacking him. SO far it's been a good thread (as good as it's start has set the tone).....

But what I'm afraid we are going to see is an Elitism arise and say certain unsavory elements aren't allowed to be here while the big boys are talking. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Welcome to the Boards Mr. Anderson. Please take the advice of forum member Sal and cruise on down to the GoldenAge forum.

waltzed in here? he was practically wrestled in buy people on these boards dragging his name through the mud.