• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

Hi

I only know Dave, and from my own experience he is a man of integrity.

He has always treated me well and the outmost of consideration.He has given me opportunities that I could only dream of otherwise.Ive dealt with him for 12 years and have never had any problem with grading nor have I ever found any restoration on any unrestored book he has ever sold me .[i only by unrestored books]

I am a Big collector of Superman and Batman and Dave is my #1 source when Im looking to purchase serious material.I would not trust anyone else at this level.

Hes earned my respect and business and I will continue to do business with him.

Peter, that's good to hear - it would be nuts for another Big Name dealer to mess with a Big collector like yourself. If you haven't discovered any tomfoolery yet, then congratulations you are ahead of the game.

STEVE

I am not making any general statements in whole. I am telling you how the man has treated me personally. Nothing more than that.I dont know anyone elses dealings as it is not my business. I am commenting on my own experiences with him.Is that clear? Am I being Obtuse?

Last lines a joke .Take it easy ok.

Peter, that's good to hear - it would be nuts for another Big Name dealer to mess with a Big collector like yourself. If you haven't discovered any tomfoolery yet, then congratulations you are ahead of the game.

STEVE

tomfoolery... I love that word. insane.gif

dork poke2.gif

STEVE

tomfoolery... I love that word. insane.gif

I always thought it was townfoolery screwy.gif

Hi

He has always treated me well and the outmost of consideration.He has given me opportunities that I could only dream of otherwise.Ive dealt with him for 12 years and have never had any problem with grading nor have I ever found any restoration on any unrestored book he has ever sold me .[i only by unrestored books]

I am a Big collector of Superman and Batman and Dave is my #1 source when Im looking to purchase serious material.I would not trust anyone else at this level.

Not to bad mouth Action1kid, but I really do see you more as an Action2kid.

S

I am honored to even be considered 2nd. Thank you.

Hi

S

Steve's on roll...I never thought he had a sense of humor shy.gif

Hopefully one day I will be dealing with books that bring in $200K.I get nervous when buying older nice books that are worth $500-$1000. Sounds like this guy Dave is pretty legit and seems to be knowledgeable in dealing in high $$$ books for some time now. But still,some books have gotten by him with restoration.What can a dealer buy to help him with identifying restoration on books? What are the easy things to look for and what should I have on hand to help check to see if there's restoration? I have a black light and have heard that's helpful,but I'm sure there's got to be ways around it. Thanks! Joey

Hi

S

Steve's on roll...I never thought he had a sense of humor shy.gif

Then you must not know him too well. He is quite funny, in fact he is one of the funniest guys in the hobby.

Funny looking, funny smelling...

I know, I know that was too obvious. poke2.gif

is it any wonder mr. anderson doesn't stay on these boards.

I agree.

Not to isolate any one person, but anyone who wonders why so many major collectors and dealers stay away from these boards just needs to read above at the childish and/or unnecessary banter that was posted by some people. Not only does this thread address a very serious issue between two collectors that has now unfortunately taken a public turn before resolution, but the response by others certainly doesn't encourage new forumites who wish to discuss serious issues to join these boards.

sign-rantpost.gif

A lot of childish banter does take place on these boards, sometimes that makes them fun. Other times, tedious.

But to be fair Mark, in the area of disclosure you should applaud forumites who share their honest experiences with dealers. If they are being dishonest, then shame on them. But if someone has a legitimate beef or problem with a dealer that was not resolved to their satisfaction, then what is wrong with sharing that information? Even if it is with someone of renown?

I had a bad experience with Dave, does that make him despicable? No. Was it a crappy deal? Yes. Would I buy from him again? With caution, extreme caution.

As far as Steve Fishler is concerned, I may take issue with his grading sometimes (as I do with most people because I am harsh), but he is a very honest, forthright guy. In my dealings with him, that go back many years, he has always been straightforward with me, and stepped up to the plate to make things right when he didn't have to.

Not that he needs me to defend him, but if he did, I would.

My sign-rantpost.gif

is it any wonder mr. anderson doesn't stay on these boards.

I agree.

Not to isolate any one person, but anyone who wonders why so many major collectors and dealers stay away from these boards just needs to read above at the childish and/or unnecessary banter that was posted by some people. Not only does this thread address a very serious issue between two collectors that has now unfortunately taken a public turn before resolution, but the response by others certainly doesn't encourage new forumites who wish to discuss serious issues to join these boards.

sign-rantpost.gif

A lot of childish banter does take place on these boards, sometimes that makes them fun. Other times, tedious.

But to be fair Mark, in the area of disclosure you should applaud forumites who share their honest experiences with dealers. If they are being dishonest, then shame on them. But if someone has a legitimate beef or problem with a dealer that was not resolved to their satisfaction, then what is wrong with sharing that information? Even if it is with someone of renown?

I had a bad experience with Dave, does that make him despicable? No. Was it a crappy deal? Yes. Would I buy from him again? With caution, extreme caution.

As far as Steve Fishler is concerned, I may take issue with his grading sometimes (as I do with most people because I am harsh), but he is a very honest, forthright guy. In my dealings with him, that go back many years, he has always been straightforward with me, and stepped up to the plate to make things right when he didn't have to.

Not that he needs me to defend him, but if he did, I would.

My sign-rantpost.gif

No, no, you are misinterpreting the focus of my rant. It was not directed at Dave, or either Steve (although I personally did find Steve F's comments against Steve C. unnecessary (though I understand why), I did not find them childish as they clearly were substantive and dealing with the general issue). I was reacting to the majority of other posts that were nothing but goof ball comments that served absolutely no substantive purpose whatsoever. Those posts are quite clearly identifiable and were, no surprise, made by many of the same people who virtually always follow the same path.

I wholeheartedly encourage forumites to openly share their experiences, whether positive or negative, with dealers or other forumites.

And, yes, to those who mentioned it, this is a "message board" though I fail to comprehend why that means adults should act like *spoon*. Of course, as you say, sometimes that makes the boards fun but such conduct should take place in appropriate threads. There are numerous light-hearted threads created in this section but this thread was certainly not one of them. But to each his own. I'll primarily stay in the GA section where this conduct rarely surfaces.