• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

My All-American #17...just it got back from CGC graded 6.0. Top 3 in census. yay.gif I've always wanted an early Green Lantern...

329747173_ac7d1812bd_o.jpg

GE

g.e. that's a gorgeous book!!! congrats.

on a more somber note: i think it's either roger or mac who authors your quote. i think it's spoken TO mcqueen after he's explained how he and the little guy were gonna burrow like moles to escape.

g.e. that's a gorgeous book!!! congrats.

on a more somber note: i think it's either roger or mac who authors your quote. i think it's spoken TO mcqueen after he's explained how he and the little guy were gonna burrow like moles to escape.

You're right...thanks for the heads up. thumbsup2.gif Happy Holidays!

GE

Meager? Those are two great covers/books (I just picked up a nice Fight 29 from Harley, and love it).

STEVE

Well, compared to an Action 1 or a Detective 27...

Ain't no ladies on Action 1 or Tec 27 sumo.gif

Some pretty fabulous books in this thread -- where do you folks get the $$$ for these?????

Personally, I just raid my grandchildren's college fund. Heck, they can go to a state school. Who needs Harvard anyway?

Fiction House books seem under-represented in this list. As usual. But actually that's good - the longer these books stay under everyone's radar, the better.

Seank -- nice pickup on that Fight 27. FYI, there's also an Airboy issue (forget which one) with the leading lady lashed to the propeller of an airplane.

FlyingDonut -- I hate you. Those books belong in MY closet, not YOUR closet. If you like I can send you all the info to add me to your will.

My own best 2006 pickup was one of my all-time grails: Rangers 24 -- and this copy also happens to be the Church copy. The cover colors are just eye-popping vivid.

rangers_24_MH_mine.jpg

Some pretty fabulous books in this thread -- where do you folks get the $$$ for these?????

Personally, I just raid my grandchildren's college fund. Heck, they can go to a state school. Who needs Harvard anyway?

Fiction House books seem under-represented in this list. As usual. But actually that's good - the longer these books stay under everyone's radar, the better.

Seank -- nice pickup on that Fight 27. FYI, there's also an Airboy issue (forget which one) with the leading lady lashed to the propeller of an airplane.

FlyingDonut -- I hate you. Those books belong in MY closet, not YOUR closet. If you like I can send you all the info to add me to your will.

My own best 2006 pickup was one of my all-time grails: Rangers 24 -- and this copy also happens to be the Church copy. The cover colors are just eye-popping vivid.

rangers_24_MH_mine.jpg

What a beautiful book, gozer! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hands down, I'd have to go with this book as my best purchase for 2006!

Picture038.jpg

Pretty much the exact copy I am looking for. Beautiful book with just enough Slight Professional to make it cheap. thumbsup2.gif

Cheap compared to an unrestored copy in the same condition, but it was still expensive with the slight restoration. I think this is as close as it's going to get to an unrestored copy. The restoration was done merely to better preserve the book. No color touch, pieces, missing, etc. Very happy with this book and it's the only one according to the CGC census that has had slight restoration.

rangers_24_MH_mine.jpg

Stunning comic, Stephen. It's great to see a Fiction House book with such pristine cover color.

rangers_24_MH_mine.jpg

What a beautiful book, gozer! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I love it....but can't believe someone took and eraser to her headlights. poke2.gif

This is a fun thread. Nice to see everyone so happy about their books! And man, people picked up some pretty awesome books.

Ok, you guys have talked me into showing more than one. After the Action #1, I'd have to say that these are some of my favorites:

allamerican61copy2.jpg

Far and away my favorite DC cover...ever. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I just dabbled a bit, but these are my favorites of the year:

I like war books so...a nice 8.0ish copy...

BBWT116.jpg

My favorite horror purchase(from Ritter who initially graded it a F/VF saw something before he shipped which knocked it down to F. Heavily discounted the book for the mistake. What a guy.):

Astonishing30.jpg

And my favorite non-war or horror book:

Boy11real.jpg

I just dabbled a bit, but these are my favorites of the year:

I like war books so...a nice 8.0ish copy...

BBWT116.jpg

My favorite horror purchase(from Ritter who initially graded it a F/VF saw something before he shipped which knocked it down to F. Heavily discounted the book for the mistake. What a guy.):

Astonishing30.jpg

And my favorite non-war or horror book:

Boy11real.jpg

Nice selections John!

Can't say as I blame old Iron Jaw for falling in love! headbang.gif