• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants to buy the printing plate to secret wars 8

40 posts in this topic

Hey Chuck

You made it back in one piece then? You missed a really great brunch.

We're back in the UK and rather than get over jet lag I thought I'd catch up on comic art postings.

Good seeing you again, maybe February in NYC?

Joseph

I believe they reused the color plates on all versions and only changed the black plate for the different editions. If that were the case, there would be six different plates for each cover. There was only a newsstand edition printed for Canada with a $1.00 cover price. I believe the direct edition specfied the prices in both Canada and the U.S. so there would be no need for two separate versions.

What I don't know is whether they printed on multiple machines. If they did, there would be more than one set of all the plates. Most likely all but these were melted down regardless.

And, as I type this, the printing plate is going for $1425. Yikes!

But, because I don't collect printing plates ("They'll be worth millions one day!", the collector cried. "Imagine if Toulouse-Lautrec had saved his printing plates!"), I'm delighted that others ARE collecting printing plates. Please, please, use your money on those and quit bidding on the OA that I eagerly want and can barely afford....

I was on CAF chat with someone on this thread who said he will *spoon* in his pants if it goes over $1000. Right now it's 1880 with 3 bidders bidding $1400 or up. With 1 hour left it will likely hit 2K.

I'm not pimping the auction and I wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred bucks due to the novelty but clearly there are people willing to pay a premium for any item related to key issues. And printing plates has a collector following even if us original art collectors don''t think so.

Ahem, so mr *spoon* in your pants, I would buy some diapers soon. =)

Malvin

Wow, i didn't realize this board had a filter. Replacing my word to mean defecate with * spoon* makes it sound funnier and potentially more inapporpriate!

Yes, I have officially *spooned* in my pants.

To each his own ... but that's crazy money IMO.

Malvin

893scratchchin-thumb.gif If you've read the last issue of The Walking Dead this could be quite bad.

And to relate this to OA, the pages for those who know what I am talking about are on sale at Splash Page art....though I would pass without a doubt....

Malvin

893scratchchin-thumb.gif If you've read the last issue of The Walking Dead this could be quite bad.

And to relate this to OA, the pages for those who know what I am talking about are on sale at Splash Page art....though I would pass without a doubt....

Ok - now you have to post a link ... I'm too curious ...

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Details=1&GSub=550 Try page 12. No dialogue but......

Wonder who would buy these pages....not what I'd put up on my wall.

OK, I'll admit it. I don't get it. I don't see how these pages relate to printing plates or defecating in your pants.

I think this is the page in question ... I don't read the book, so I have no idea what's going on.

But it does have to do with a *spoon* 893whatthe.gif

This seemed to be a very niche collecting thing, i.e. sure it would be a nice oddity if it was priced right for me, but as a one off. But I'm curious if most of the people after these are like that or if it has it's own die hard collector market? The end price was high.

www.printingplatefans.com doesn't exist smile.gif