• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comicon Feb 23-25

51 posts in this topic

Anybody going? It was pretty incredible in all ways last year. There was a positive vibe in the air from before the show started until it was time to leave. They have doubled the space and have worked very hard to work out the kinks from last years show.

This could be the East Coast equivalent to San Diego within a few years.

Stan Lee! Stephen King! George Perez!

Monkeyhouse Entertainment! Booth 132! 27_laughing.gif

Should be "fun". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have one exhibitor badge for trade. Last year it was the only type of pass that allowed the holder freedom for the entire four days of the show.

1. Board members only.

2. The trade offer must be made in pre-1965 comic books. I am partial to pre-code horror and super heroes. Dollar value of offer is only one criteria. Scarceness and comic book coolness of the offer will also be used.

3. I will stop taking trade offers February 19th, 2007 at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

I will e-mail the winner the morning of the 20th.

4. The offers can be posted or pm's.

5. The winner must pick up the badge at the show personally.

Anybody going? It was pretty incredible in all ways last year. There was a positive vibe in the air from before the show started until it was time to leave. They have doubled the space and have worked very hard to work out the kinks from last years show.

I have one exhibitor badge for trade. Last year it was the only type of pass that allowed the holder freedom for the entire four days of the show.

1. Board members only.

2. The trade offer must be made in pre-1965 comic books. I am partial to pre-code horror and super heroes. Dollar value of offer is only one criteria. Scarceness and comic book coolness of the offer will also be used.

How much money do you want for this??

1. Board members only.

How much money do you want for this??

The trade offer must be made in pre-1965 comic books. I am partial to pre-code horror and super heroes Golden to Silver. Dollar value of offer according to Overstreet is only one criteria. Scarceness and comic book coolness of the offer will also be used as criteria in picking the winner.

Comic Books for Exhibitor badge.

No cash.

I would accept Molsons if the winner were from Canada. yay.gif

I would accept Molsons if the winner were from Canada. yay.gif

1 case of Molson Canadian (canadian version) 36 for the price of 24

John

Is this a bid?

Should actually be 28 for the price of 24.

I am in the process of deciding on wether I will go or not.

I will confirm in a few days if it is a bid or not.

It was a teaser because I know how much better the Molson Canadian is in Canada compared to the watered down US version

John

That is the company but you can only reserve through one of the online travel sites. I think it was expedia. I paid $140 I think and it was very nice.

Since its mostly for business travelers they heavy discount on the weekends. At least they did last year.

You have to reserve through expedia. Looks like its not discounted yet...

If its just you then you want the single which is currently $189....Like I said...Last year I paid less than $140 for the room and it was very nice. Maybe they'll discount when it gets closer to the date.

Note that you will have to take a $6 cab ride to the convention each way. So plan on that and consider it. thumbsup2.gif

Or you could catch the shuttle which the pick-up was close by last year. I like to get there before they start running the shuttles so I went the way of the cab.

Here's a description...Good ratings

One double bed with pillowtop mattress, comforter. 185 square feet. Work desk with ergonomic chair. Complimentary wireless Internet access (network card available). Personal direct-dial number for two telephones (one cordless, one with dual lines and speaker). Upholstered reading chair. Small bathroom with stall shower (no tub), vanity of satin-finished stainless steel and granite. CD player/radio with nature-sound CD. 18-inch flat-screen TV. Microwave oven.

So anybody else selling an exhibitor pass to the comic-con ? I would be interested in purchasing one.

One Billion Dollars! drevil2.jpg

or you could could make an offer in pre-1965 comic books!

or Molson's for those coming from Canada. flowerred.gif

I so badly want to set up at that convention. I am on the waiting list, and am losing hope that a space will open...

Rent a van and set up across the street.In NYC,anyone can sell books on the sidewalk without a permit. thumbsup2.gif