• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the craziest price you've seen on a comic?

17 posts in this topic

$4,000 for a Twilight Zone #14 in excellent condition made me laugh a bit. Or maybe this was just as interesting an Eternals #15 for $1400. screwy.gif

So tempting to say "yes" to both 27_laughing.gif.

What are ones that you've seen that have made you 27_laughing.gif or go 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ?

way too many to list here. i did like that guy that offered some book for $2500 because of the Schwinn bike tie in on top that said "This comic could be worth $2500" a la X-Men 137.

screwy.gif

but seriously, i see books every day that make me go "Seller is on crack"

way too many to list here. i did like that guy that offered some book for $2500 because of the Schwinn bike tie in on top that said "This comic could be worth $2500" a la X-Men 137.

screwy.gif

but seriously, i see books every day that make me go "Seller is on crack"

Something like that makes me want to be a smartalec and ask the seller "So if i buy this comic can i still win the $2500?"

$4,000 for a Twilight Zone #14 in excellent condition made me laugh a bit. Or maybe this was just as interesting an Eternals #15 for $1400. screwy.gif

So tempting to say "yes" to both 27_laughing.gif.

What are ones that you've seen that have made you 27_laughing.gif or go 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ?

Though i must add that the sight i saw the Eternals on did state the comic was valued in that price range too confused-smiley-013.gif

You see THIS sort of thing all the time on ebay, and not just from low feedback sellers, either.

After a while, you tune out these chancers and their deviousness.

He must actually think they're going to sell...

They're NOT remotely mint either... insane.gif

I remember that auction...hard to beat that one for pure hilarity. Seller must have been either a small child or severely mentally "challenged" 27_laughing.gif

I saw the Batman Year 2 run on ebay for a starting price of something like $300

It was only for parts 1 3 and 4 and the seller said something like:

Vintage Very rare comics where Batman carries a gun for the first and only time!!!

I picked that run up all four I might add, for $5 at the LCS

I saw that too. At first I was very skeptical about it, but he does have a nice run of comics there, very freaking nice. Makes me want to start collecting superman

Anyone can ask for a crazy price. I could put up a Spawn #1 on ebay and have a minimum starting bid of $1,000,000,000 and win this contest, until someone does the same thing but for $1,000,000,001. confused-smiley-013.gif

What would be more interesting is listing the craziest price we've seen actually PAID for a comic. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's a question from someone offering him $1000 just for the #1. His answer's rather more courteous than it deserves, I think.