• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine appreciation thread

301 posts in this topic

Sorry I'm late to the party...Wolvie has always been my favorite character. My first comic was issue #17 from the first monthly series (I know, I'm young). Most of the covers I would have posted already have been, but here's a link to my collection with front and back scans of every Wolvie book from all 3 volumes (including all the back cover pinups) along with most of the various mini-series and other various books where Wolvie plays a major part...

http://www.comicfanboy.net/comiccollection/comics.html

Steve, Why dont you post some of your Wolvies??

These were part of a recent submission to CGC. I got back over 40 9.8s!

I'm making progress in my attempt to be the first to complete a CGC 9.8+ run of Wolverine 1-189.

Wolverine114ACGC9.jpgWolverine114BCGC9.jpg

Is it just me, or is that the worst "variant" ever? I mean, I like it a bit better than the regular version, but...

Steve, Why dont you post some of your Wolvies??

These were part of a recent submission to CGC. I got back over 40 9.8s!

I'm making progress in my attempt to be the first to complete a CGC 9.8+ run of Wolverine 1-189.

Wolverine114ACGC9.jpgWolverine114BCGC9.jpg

Is it just me, or is that the worst "variant" ever? I mean, I like it a bit better than the regular version, but...

It's certainly a lazy attempt at a variant cover...the only difference being 180 degrees.

I just recently decided I was going to collect 80's books that I loved as a kid again, so that got me scrounging around in comic shop's & sites I don't usually look in. As if I wasn't lucky enough to find this for $3.00 earlier in the week (Still sealed in DF bag w/ certificate)

500049314_c1cf732b39_o.jpg

Today I found this in a local bookstore that has a few comics 893whatthe.gif

500049308_7998fcdd94_o.jpg

They are both newer then I normally collect, but haven't been able to make up my mind if I am going to keep them or not because They are pretty cool & I just lucked into them. A big thanks to the universe for helping me find these!

I just recently decided I was going to collect 80's books that I loved as a kid again, so that got me scrounging around in comic shop's & sites I don't usually look in. As if I wasn't lucky enough to find this for $3.00 earlier in the week (Still sealed in DF bag w/ certificate)

They are both newer then I normally collect, but haven't been able to make up my mind if I am going to keep them or not because They are pretty cool & I just lucked into them. A big thanks to the universe for helping me find these!

Two of the handful of Wolvie variants I don't have...I'm so jealous of your luck right now frustrated.gif Wanna double your money? poke2.gif

Those are great books! I love the signed DF and finding a Nabisco 145 is almost unheard of. And both books look like they are in great shape too. Congratulations 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks World's Best! The 150 is a 9.6 easy, the only thing at all is a small bindery corner on the top spine. The 145 is 9.0/9.2 because of the small corner crease, which breaks color for about 1/8". A few spine stresses, but otherwise its flat and perfect withouit a single fingerprint on the black of the cover!

Here are some new gem additions to my run thanks to President Dennis on the Boards. These books from Dennis have moved my set to number one on the Registry. Click my sig block below to check out the rest of the run.

Wolverine16CGC9.jpgWolverine64CGC9.jpg

Wolverine67CGC10.jpgWolverine68CGC9.jpg

If you happen to have CGC 9.8 or raw mint copies of any of the books I am missing, please pm me. My want list is in my sig line. I am also looking for the Wolverine 150 Alternate DF variant and the Wolverine 145 gold claws and non-foil versions

Congrats on finally taking the crown from Matt who previously had the best Wolverine set. Excellent run Steve.. definately the best set in the World. Good luck on completing the set. By the way those are some sweet mints wink.gif