• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine appreciation thread

301 posts in this topic

Here is a fun run that I just finished. These are the newsstand versions of the 1982 Wolverine miniseries. There is no price difference but these newsstand "variants" are much harder to find in high grade. I believe that this is the first complete 9.8 run.

I don't recall the history for sure but I was told that this miniseries launched the split between direct distribution and newsstand dsistribution. if anybody knows the facts, please share and educate us :popcorn:

th_WolverineLimited1CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited2CGC98WNS.jpgth_WolverineLimited3CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited4CGC9.jpg

Here is a fun run that I just finished. These are the newsstand versions of the 1982 Wolverine miniseries. There is no price difference but these newsstand "variants" are much harder to find in high grade. I believe that this is the first complete 9.8 run.

I don't recall the history for sure but I was told that this miniseries launched the split between direct distribution and newsstand dsistribution. if anybody knows the facts, please share and educate us :popcorn:

th_WolverineLimited1CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited2CGC98WNS.jpgth_WolverineLimited3CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited4CGC9.jpg

I'd never bothered to check before now, but my #1 and #3 are both the newsstand versions.

Two new arrivals fresh from CGC. They are modern rather than copper books but since JC stopped posting, this thread is full of <3 for all Wolverine books...

I'm only five books away from having a complete CGC 9.8 run of Wolverine including all the variants so if anybody can help, I would really appreciate it!

Wolverine150DFCGC98WWBC.jpgWolverine155CGC98WWBC.jpg