• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine appreciation thread

301 posts in this topic

And this one finishes my Weapon-X run :applause:

Steve im glad you got one of those. I felt bad for not selling you mine. :sorry:

lol It's all good. I felt bad for asking. I am a patient collector but being one book away made me a little impatient. :foryou:

Here is a fun run that I just finished. These are the newsstand versions of the 1982 Wolverine miniseries. There is no price difference but these newsstand "variants" are much harder to find in high grade. I believe that this is the first complete 9.8 run.

I don't recall the history for sure but I was told that this miniseries launched the split between direct distribution and newsstand dsistribution. if anybody knows the facts, please share and educate us :popcorn:

th_WolverineLimited1CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited2CGC98WNS.jpgth_WolverineLimited3CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited4CGC9.jpg

WBC, do they do a direct edition set on the registry? :wishluck:

It would be nice if they did, but presumably they only be able to distinguish them from the scans.

Here is a fun run that I just finished. These are the newsstand versions of the 1982 Wolverine miniseries. There is no price difference but these newsstand "variants" are much harder to find in high grade. I believe that this is the first complete 9.8 run.

I don't recall the history for sure but I was told that this miniseries launched the split between direct distribution and newsstand dsistribution. if anybody knows the facts, please share and educate us :popcorn:

th_WolverineLimited1CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited2CGC98WNS.jpgth_WolverineLimited3CGC9.jpgth_WolverineLimited4CGC9.jpg

It would be nice if they did, but presumably they only be able to distinguish them from the scans.

There is not a separate registry set for the newsstand books. :(

With this being the book that is in terms of the direct edition, and newsstand release, I wonder what the ratio is on DE vs NS for the submission numbers hm

It would be nice to have a newsstand set for this book, has it ever been run past Emma as a possible hm

Just had a nosey on the registry, and was very surprised to see 5 count em, 5 Incredible Hulks #181 in 9.8, including the recently sold SS book.

Even with 19 on these currently graded, it does seem a lot.

Thats a lot of HG wolverine on display, and for a book that goes for $20-30k, it's scary to the math's on that set alone in $ terms.

With this being the book that is in terms of the direct edition, and newsstand release, I wonder what the ratio is on DE vs NS for the submission numbers hm

It would be nice to have a newsstand set for this book, has it ever been run past Gemma as a possible hm

hm I don't know. I will go make the request and see what happens :wishluck:

It would be nice to have a newsstand set for this book, has it ever been run past Gemma as a possible hm

hm I don't know. I will go make the request and see what happens :wishluck:

No harm in asking :wishluck::wishluck:

97792366288.133.GIF

My all time fav wolverine cover! :cloud9: