• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine appreciation thread

301 posts in this topic

One of the hardest in-demand books from 200-300 to get in 9.8.

Scan is crappy but the book is gorgeous

xmen212cgc98.jpg

I know it's a Rick Leonardi/Dan Green cover, but it looks SO MUCH like Barry Smith!!! Beautiful cover!!!

I have a few copies of that, and there seems to be two different versions, one with a blood-red cover and one that is lighter orange.

And no, this isn't a case of "cover fading", as some of the orange ones were bought straight off the stand. It also doesn't seem to be a "low on magenta" issue either, as the red in the Marvel logo is crisp.

Anyone else notice this?

I havent noticed that Joe. Although 173 and 241 do have two different versions. I still havent seen the 173 "blue cover" but have heard of it. The 241 has a light cover and a dark cover and I have owned both and there is a huge difference between those two which is very easy to notice.

I bet that halfway through the print run, someone took a look at the blood-red version and said "Holy Cap! This is gonna scare the 893censored-thumb.gif out of the kids - better get some orange in there to lighten it up!".
27_laughing.gif Yeah the red really stands out

The 241 has a light cover and a dark cover and I have owned both and there is a huge difference between those two which is very easy to notice.

a5ff_1_b.JPG

c5_1.JPG

9e56_1_b.JPG

Interesting, I havent had that Red cover. I thought there were only two versions

a liefeld art that doesn't make my eyes bleed...!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

grin.gif

Ya know, pre-Image Liefeld was really not that bad. confused-smiley-013.gif

before image he was a mediocre artist, after it he wasn't even one... grin.gif27_laughing.gif

from the look of it, Rob must had at the time the "ronin" mini-series/dd's on his bedside table... wink.gifgrin.gif

regards

The 241 has a light cover and a dark cover and I have owned both and there is a huge difference between those two which is very easy to notice.

a5ff_1_b.JPG

c5_1.JPG

9e56_1_b.JPG

Interesting, I havent had that Red cover. I thought there were only two versions

Agreed. Is the red cover actually that vibrant, and the

other colors that much of a change?

I do love the flame red hair.