• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guys post your action 1

87 posts in this topic

Its hard to say the price difference between 5.5 and 6.5 .You have to understand that for a comicbook that is mid grade, but for an Action #1 that is High grade because there is only 1 copy better than 6.5 on the census. The 7.5 has work on it even though in a blue label] Of all known copies the book is the 5th best copy as told to me by D.A. So at these levels 5.5 and 6.5 it can be anything.Its uncharted country. And to add to it the 4.0 esquire sale at 200k put a wrench in the numbers.

I mean if a 4.0 is 200k, than what is a 5.5 and 6.5.

so which were the copies in D.A.s top five copies?

I think we have listed them before...was this the order?

1--Church

2-- DKs 8.5 rusty

3-- Larsen

4-- no-name copy

5-- your 5.5

Why was the upgrade given. I am sure it is a great book, but considering though that it was originally 5.5 there is no way I would pay 6.5 money for it. On another note the $200,000 paid for the 4.0 is crazy, this book is not exploding in price as much as some people think it is.

Why was the upgrade given. I am sure it is a great book, but considering though that it was originally 5.5 there is no way I would pay 6.5 money for it. On another note the $200,000 paid for the 4.0 is crazy, this book is not exploding in price as much as some people think it is.

hello all...

as someone who has actively searched for an Action 1 the better part of this past year, I would "disagree"...first, how many nice looking unrestored action 1 come to the market each year?...1?...2? or more...relative scarcity compared to the increase demand, will keep the price "explosion" going...look at restored copies...

$85K for a nice looking VF, $65K for a weak looking VF-, a VG/FN on heritage at over $42K now....these are books that just a few years ago, could be had for 1/2 that or less....

so, I while I hope there is a price leveling off (and soon), I think for the short term, with the demand there currently is, prices will continue to rise and rise..

rick

I disagree. It looks like a 6.5 to me, and the book is exploding in price. Everyone wants one, and there's only a short stack left.

On which planet do you refer ?

Still lookin for the Action 1...Heres my SupermaN # 1 in the mean time.

I know just what you mean. I misplace Action #1s all the time. tongue.gif

The Picture, The Picture. Not the book you Mutant !

Point Five is also a Mutant 893whatthe.gif

I thought Mutant wrote the above. My mistake. I was not calling my friend Point5 a mutant.Sorry.Honest mistake.

I disagree, the book obviously was undergraded originally. Now its sitting with the proper grade.

Still lookin for the Action 1...Heres my SupermaN # 1 in the mean time.

I know just what you mean. I misplace Action #1s all the time. tongue.gif

The Picture, The Picture. Not the book you Mutant !

Point Five is also a Mutant 893whatthe.gif

I thought Mutant wrote the above. My mistake. I was not calling my friend Point5 a mutant.Sorry.Honest mistake.

27_laughing.gif

Yeah ,The Esquire Action 1 [4.0] was a crazy price just like the 275k for a 7.5 Superman # 1 was a crazy price back in 2002. [Look at the old board posts, everyone said he was nuts] Its not a crazy price anymore is it[superman 7.5]. In a very few short years we will be saying how smart the 4.0 Action 1 buyer was very quickly forgetting how crazy we all thought he was.....Superman 7.5 scenario all over again.

Action 1 is Rare in unrestored over 5.0. Not to many people know that.

The 4.0 esquire Action 1 was an INSIGHT sale for the buyer.Time will prove him right,and a short time at that.

Yeah ,The Esquire Action 1 [4.0] was a crazy price just like the 275k for a 7.5 Superman # 1 was a crazy price back in 2002. [Look at the old board posts, everyone said he was nuts] Its not a crazy price anymore is it[superman 7.5]. In a very few short years we will be saying how smart the 4.0 Action 1 buyer was very quickly forgetting how crazy we all thought he was.....Superman 7.5 scenario all over again.

The 4.0 esquire Action 1 was an INSIGHT sale for the buyer.Time will prove him right,and a short time at that.

When it comes to Action 1 and Detective 27, I would say the insight sales are not limited to the unrestored issues, but also to the others I've seen sold this year. People held off paying more than 31K for that Detective 27 on ebay because the guide said the low price was 31K -- and some held off despite knowing the guide is dead wrong and perhaps intentionally wrong on the book. Anybody has insight who realizes the guide is just ridiculous on those books and unusuable for anything except pulling a scam on some old lady whose got the comics and who's friends have heard there was "some kind of book that tells how much they're worth" but doesn't know that book is more likely to be used as a tool for misleading them.

Likewise the mania against restoration reached proportions that went far beyond common sense, and people are beginning to realize it's better to have a restored action 1 than to pay the same for an unrestored VF All-Winners or any six books the likes of Reform School Girl. Can't tell you how many times I've spoken with a collector who says they have X amount worth of books (often well into six figures and even mid six figures) and yet they don't have an action 1 because they're waiting for that mythical low-priced unrestored copy.

Same for the restored sale at 36K on Heritage, and even more so for the VF restored in 7.5 on Heritage for only 65K. Action 1 is rare in high grades but scarce in ALL grades.

When it comes to Action 1 and Detective 27, I would say the insight says are not limited to the unrestored issues, but also to the others I've seen sold this year. People held off paying more than 31K for that Detective 27 on ebay because the guide said the low price was 31K -- and some held off despite knowing the guide is dead wrong and perhaps intentionally wrong on the book.

Same for the restored sale at 36K on Heritage, and even more so for the VF restored in 7.5 on Heritage for only 65K. Action 1 is rare in high grades but scarce in ALL grades. And in my book of common sense a person who buys a restored VF action 1 is getting something worth lot more than a VFunrestored All-Winners or any six books the likes of Reform School Girl.

Bluechip, I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU SAID ABOVE! Finally.

Yep Action 1 is Exploding in all grades at this moment which naturally will not be reflected in the new overstreet guide as always.

Check its value over the past few years and according to overstreet the book isn't even outpacing the worst interest you'd get from the worst interest checkings account at the worst bank in the country.

Five years after the last known copy of an actual unrestored good range copy sold for about 60K the book is still listed in good for less than 40K. In fact it's at 39K. After all the recent sales, any guesses on what it will be next year. $39,100? Dare we dream it will hit $39.250?