• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is-a Captain America gonna die??

66 posts in this topic

POSSIBLE SPOILERS, but more just speculation here...

All the "CENSORED BY S.H.I.E.L.D." info on this months Marvel Solicitations still can't hide what looks like a big spoiler for the last issue of Civil War... that Steve Rogers will (at least appear to) kick the bucket.

There's some major clues...

No ongoing Cap title anymore.

Cap isn't in The Mighty Avengers or New Avengers.

A solicit for the post-CW Wolverine (where there's giant bullet holes in Wolvie) has him out to avenge the death of someone... wonder who? I know a "sniper" is going to (probably) take out Mary Jane, but that's Spidey's deal. (And the reason he goes "Back In Black".)

There's a 3 page preview for "The Initiative" where War Machine forces a flying noob superhero to register... basically revealing that Iron Man's side wins the "War".

Will Cap now be Ronin in disguise, or do you think Bendis and co. will actually kill him off? If so, do you think they'll keep him dead for at least a year, or bring him back at the end of "World War Hulk"? Will Bucky/Winter Soldier take over as Cap?

Maybe they'll put Cap back on ice and revive him when W is out of office.

Let the guessing begin...

Well it's pretty obvious at this point the registration side wins (new Thunderbolts, Mighty Avengers, Back in Black storyline etc etc). The only question is what happens to those who didn't register? I'm wondering how all of this will affect World War Hulk, hopefully old Banner kicks Stark's paranoid little butt all over the universe this time.

Has there been a change in the Simon/Marvel case since 2003? Last I heard Marvel had won the case and was optioning the rights to the Avengers and Captain America movies (both of which were picked up). Did they lose an appeal? If so that could be very big trouble for the future.

After doing a search, looks like Marvel settled with Simon for an undisclosed sum. I was unaware of this and thought it was still in the courts.

Looks like Marvel can do as they please with the character...

Jim

I'm wondering how all of this will affect World War Hulk, hopefully old Banner kicks Stark's paranoid little butt all over the universe this time.

From the way it looks in this poster, looks like Iron Man, Dr. Strange and the rest of the Illuminati get PWN3D but good by Ol' Greenskin:

wwh.jpg

Would it even matter if he did anymore? Nothing at Marvel is sacred anymore.

So he croaks they will bring him back next year. I like Civil War, but could care less if they kill him anymore. Spidey is outed, I hear CM is coming back, Cap might die, Wanda is fruitcake. The list goes on and on. Dont get me wrong I still read moders, but for the rirst time in 20 years of collecting I buy DC more then Marvel. Coming from a Marvel Zombie that is saying something.

After CW I think I'm pretty well done with Marvel myself. If they're killing MJ, I'm not really the target audience anymore. And that's okay. Gives me lease to move on. (I'll probably still go after the Dark Tower stuff.)

Meanwhile, I've really enjoyed Ion. And Flash: FMA wasn't too bad (although I did just trade those issues in.) All Star Superman has been my favorite modern on my pull list for a while now.

Ultimately, I guess, I'm just not into moderns anymore. I feel weird saying that, but I love the old books where the characters feel right.

Guess I'm getting old!

Ultimately, I guess, I'm just not into moderns anymore. I feel weird saying that, but I love the old books where the characters feel right.

Guess I'm getting old!

How do you think I feel? I am 40 this year & just started collecting again. September was the first time in 23 years I had even touched or read a comic...I thought it was me just feeling old fashioned, thinking the older stuff was better...I even miss the smell of freshly printed older comics

Good god. The Boys and Cap cancelled. Two of the best current moderns. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He will be Ronin as I predicted earlier. No question in my mind.

I mean, Cage & Spider-man are anti-registration guys too and they are part of the New Avengers.

Pat

After doing a search, looks like Marvel settled with Simon for an undisclosed sum. I was unaware of this and thought it was still in the courts.

Looks like Marvel can do as they please with the character...

Jim

Thanks for checking that! I'd forgotten that they settled in such a way as to give Marvel free reign...

I'm wondering how all of this will affect World War Hulk, hopefully old Banner kicks Stark's paranoid little butt all over the universe this time.

From the way it looks in this poster, looks like Iron Man, Dr. Strange and the rest of the Illuminati get PWN3D but good by Ol' Greenskin:

wwh.jpg

He looks like a ninja turtle confused-smiley-013.gif

wwh.jpg

He looks like a ninja turtle confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif on 'roids!!!! Must've ate the Rat