• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is-a Captain America gonna die??

66 posts in this topic

What next the Sub-Mariner retires to the San Diego zoo. Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Seriously, No more Cap will seriously ruin my day. There is almost NOTHING worth reading that is current any more.

Daredevil.

Unless Marvel decides to cancel its other great series.

I agree that cancelling Cap is a bad idea. He's a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe. It would be like DC cancelling Detective... juggle.gif

What next the Sub-Mariner retires to the San Diego zoo. Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Seriously, No more Cap will seriously ruin my day. There is almost NOTHING worth reading that is current any more.

Daredevil.

Unless Marvel decides to cancel its other great series.

I agree that cancelling Cap is a bad idea. He's a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe. It would be like DC cancelling Detective... juggle.gif

Yes, Daredevil is another great read, and I also have been enjoying the Planet Hulk story. I can't wait to see what he does to the illumati.

They arent cancelling Cap? Where did anyone even here that?

My thoughts from a couple of weeks ago on the Heating up on ebay thread....

(Winter Soldier becomes the New Cap, after Steve Rogers is either killed *unlikely* or disappears in a new persona)

From yesterday's Newsarama interview with Joey Q:

Q: “Salieri”- Salutations, my dear Joseph! MY question to you is this: can you say for certain that Marvel will ALWAYS have a Captain America?

JQ: My dearest Salieri, I could never guarantee “always” because that implies that I will have a semblance of control here at Marvel forever and we all know that ain’t gonna happen. Also, who knows what the future may bring. If one day someone comes up to me with an idea that takes Cap off the table, or dare I say it, kills him, then we’re going to have to take a serious look at it if it makes for an incredible story with interesting ramifications (no, Cap is not dying in Civil War for all of you comic book Nostradamuses out there).

By the way, I can say the exact same thing about Spidey, Iron Man, or any character for that matter. There are no guarantees in the Marvel U other than our books being the best in the world and always keeping you at the edge of your seat.

“cuckoo”- Why wasn't there a new Captain America solicited in the April solicitations?

JQ: It’s a continuity issue, cuckoo, as we found ourselves in places with some of the key characters from Civil War (due to the delay), where they were left and where their monthlies started off. Cap is solicited once again in May, sorry about that.

There are no guarantees in the Marvel U other than our books being the best in the world and always keeping you at the edge of your seat.

he forgot the guarantee than any dead character can and will be resurrected at some point in the future

After CW I think I'm pretty well done with Marvel myself. If they're killing MJ, I'm not really the target audience anymore. And that's okay. Gives me lease to move on. (I'll probably still go after the Dark Tower stuff.)

Meanwhile, I've really enjoyed Ion. And Flash: FMA wasn't too bad (although I did just trade those issues in.) All Star Superman has been my favorite modern on my pull list for a while now.

Ultimately, I guess, I'm just not into moderns anymore. I feel weird saying that, but I love the old books where the characters feel right.

Guess I'm getting old!

My advice is to continue checking out the DC universe. I have become a convert over the past 2 years because I'm tired of Marvel's tackiness. While DC isn't always perfect, they're really great at focusing on the traditions that made characters great.

The one thing I always found interesting is how the people that suit up as the superheroes come and go (Kyle Rayner was the successor to Hal Jordan, for example) but the principles and tradition of each character always remains intact.

As someone said before, at Marvel nothing is sacred and I think it shows.

There are no guarantees in the Marvel U other than our books being the best in the world and always keeping you at the edge of your seat.

he forgot the guarantee than any dead character can and will be resurrected at some point in the future

And the problem with that is Marvel has overplayed that card to the extent where any deaths these days brings more yawns that excitement...

Today's Marvel is looking like a parody of its old self...and that's never good...

Jim

Would Marvel 'kill' Captain America now if they knew Joe Simon's lawsuit was perhaps going to fall Simon's way? Does anyone have any info on that situation?

Then Marvel could just have a Captain America-type character (ala USAgent) in their universe... confused-smiley-013.gif

After CW I think I'm pretty well done with Marvel myself. If they're killing MJ, I'm not really the target audience anymore. And that's okay. Gives me lease to move on. (I'll probably still go after the Dark Tower stuff.)

Meanwhile, I've really enjoyed Ion. And Flash: FMA wasn't too bad (although I did just trade those issues in.) All Star Superman has been my favorite modern on my pull list for a while now.

Ultimately, I guess, I'm just not into moderns anymore. I feel weird saying that, but I love the old books where the characters feel right.

Guess I'm getting old!

My advice is to continue checking out the DC universe. I have become a convert over the past 2 years because I'm tired of Marvel's tackiness. While DC isn't always perfect, they're really great at focusing on the traditions that made characters great.

The one thing I always found interesting is how the people that suit up as the superheroes come and go (Kyle Rayner was the successor to Hal Jordan, for example) but the principles and tradition of each character always remains intact.

As someone said before, at Marvel nothing is sacred and I think it shows.

My thoughts exactly thumbsup2.gif

Although World War Hulk looks promising.

Damn good issue. On the plus side, anyone picking up and reading this due to the press coverage is in for a treat - and might be pleasantly surprised at what a good comic book can be like these days. On the minus side, it (at least temporarily) puts an end to one of the better books currently being published.