• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Boys - CANCELLED!!

45 posts in this topic

I can honestly say I am sad about a comic book (maybe just a little but I am sad)

That series was AWSOME.

I hope they find another publisher and pick up at number 7 smile.gif

This is just frickin' baloney. It makes me so mad that they are cancelling a good series. Go cancel something else that sucks. And there is plenty of that. Hell, cancel Gen 13 in place of the Boys (which, by the reports account, is rated lower anyway in sales).

I don't understand why books like this don't succeed. Same with Fear Agent. It's ridiculous when a good book comes out and people don't support it.

Wonder if this will spark some interest in the book and make it tough to find?

Pat

I don't understand why books like this don't succeed. Same with Fear Agent. It's ridiculous when a good book comes out and people don't support it.

Looking at the numbers and the quotes in the article, it was almost definitely cancelled due to content, not sales.

This is just frickin' baloney. It makes me so mad that they are cancelling a good series. Go cancel something else that sucks.

You said it best right here!

What a shame, I hope it gets picked up quickly so the title doesn't loose too much steam.

As for back issues, my LCS still has issues 1, 4, 5, 6 still on the rack. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looking at the numbers and the quotes in the article, it was almost definitely cancelled due to content, not sales.

If that's the case, issue 6 was probably the nail in the coffin! crazy.gif

If that's the case, issue 6 was probably the nail in the coffin! crazy.gif

27_laughing.gif yep, if this was content related, issue #6 didn't help... Damn, I love this book!

Here's hoping it gets picked up soon 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Isn't that why they have editors? 893whatthe.gif

It seems pretty chickens___ that they would drop it AFTER seeing and hearing reaction, instead of saying "tone it down" upon the editor's review of the -script and/or art.

Isn't that why they have editors? 893whatthe.gif

It seems pretty chickens___ that they would drop it AFTER seeing and hearing reaction, instead of saying "tone it down" upon the editor's review of the -script and/or art.

Good point.

I've never read the series but that does make sence. You would think they would have toned it down instead of droping it, if the sales was high. I mean I'm sure they got some money tied up in the book. Who knows, this whole thing could be a bad rumor.

Looks like the book will be coming back soon, though!

It’s become obvious to all concerned that The Boys should never have been published at DC, and to their credit they’re working hard to release the rights so that Darick and I can find the book a new home. We’re already looking at offers from a number of publishers, and plan to return with #7 and the first trade collection in a matter of a few months.

Thank you to everyone who’s bought and supported The Boys to date. I’ve gotten a real kick out of the response we’ve gotten over the first six issues, and I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the next fifty-four. Believe me, what we’ve got coming up will make #1-6 look like a quiet evening on Sesame Street.

One other thing: I want to say thank you to Ben Abernathy, Scott Dunbier and Jim Lee for all their help and support. Good guys, pleasant to deal with, never anything less than gentlemen. I’m going to miss doing the book with them.

-Garth Ennis

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2007/01/24/so-long-boys-enniss-statement/

It really sucks that DC backed out on this it seems like this book would bring a pretty healthy sales number for an indie company. And maybe all the rigamarole around this will draw some more readers to the book!

-Bob

It’s become obvious to all concerned that The Boys should never have been published at DC, and to their credit they’re working hard to release the rights so that Darick and I can find the book a new home. We’re already looking at offers from a number of publishers, and plan to return with #7 and the first trade collection in a matter of a few months.

Thank you to everyone who’s bought and supported The Boys to date. I’ve gotten a real kick out of the response we’ve gotten over the first six issues, and I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the next fifty-four. Believe me, what we’ve got coming up will make #1-6 look like a quiet evening on Sesame Street.

One other thing: I want to say thank you to Ben Abernathy, Scott Dunbier and Jim Lee for all their help and support. Good guys, pleasant to deal with, never anything less than gentlemen. I’m going to miss doing the book with them.

-Garth Ennis

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2007/01/24/so-long-boys-enniss-statement/

It really sucks that DC backed out on this it seems like this book would bring a pretty healthy sales number for an indie company. And maybe all the rigamarole around this will draw some more readers to the book!

-Bob

It has me interested. I will probably pick up the trade.

-Garth Ennis

-Bob

893applaud-thumb.gif Awesome, thanks for posting this!!!

I was bummed when I heard the title was cancelled, but now I'm excited again yay.gif

This is just frickin' baloney. It makes me so mad that they are cancelling a good series. Go cancel something else that sucks.

You said it best right here!

What a shame, I hope it gets picked up quickly so the title doesn't loose too much steam.

As for back issues, my LCS still has issues 1, 4, 5, 6 still on the rack. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I buy every issue of #1 of The Boys I find for cover

** side not also buy ever issue of Fear Agent 3 and 4 also smile.gif

-Garth Ennis

-Bob

893applaud-thumb.gif Awesome, thanks for posting this!!!

I was bummed when I heard the title was cancelled, but now I'm excited again yay.gif

WOOT!!!

Thats awsome news acclaim.gif