• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High on Ebay?

30 posts in this topic

I picked up a bunch of my Tarzans, Human Flys and some other great books all in 9.8 the Christmas before last during one of the biggest discount sales I've ever seen him have.

893censored-thumb.gif, I guess that I missed that one... CURSES! makepoint.gif

They didn't last long devil.gif

Not to mention, Mile High pulled them all the next day. I think their eBay guy made a screw up and put all their comics out at double the discount (or atleast that's my theory).

btw: When are you going to add the HF #1 9.8 you picked up to your registry set? I'm anxious to see your updated set... hail.gif

BTW: Why does Chuck call it the Mile High Collection? He didn't do any of the work. It should be the Edgar Church Collection.

God, I hate that guy, and if any of you guys lived in Denver you'd hate him even more.

BTW: Why does Chuck call it the Mile High Collection? He didn't do any of the work. It should be the Edgar Church Collection.

God, I hate that guy, and if any of you guys lived in Denver you'd hate him even more.

I for one am tired of Chuck Bashing...I used to be as fervent about it as the next man, but it's just getting old now. Let him be...He's always going to charge 2-3x guide (and always HAS)...& yes the circumstances of how he obtained the EC collection are at best suspect, but again we weren't there....I used to be stationed in Colorado Springs & used to DJ in Denver ('87-90) part time...Nice city!

I think my brother lives not to far from there. He mentioned that he likes to go the a great sandwich shop on the upper floor of some building (I've never been to Denver) next to a big Comic book store. He's never been to the Comic book store himself. If it's the same place, probably has quite a selection on display???

I have a good friend of 15+ years who worked for Chuck in the late '70s. According to my friend, Chuck never got tired of re-telling his account of finding the Church collection, and never made any bones about the fact that he had essentially 'stolen' those 22,000 comics. In fact, he bragged about it. My friend's not the type to exaggerate or embellish.

I think Chuck's probably gotten a lot smarter about how he presents that story publicly...but the reality is that it's his conscience that has to deal with it. Maybe making up stories about 'sensing the spirit of Edgar Church' is how he exorcises those demons...

I live by Denver, mile high collection / church collection whatever doesn't matter to me. It's about the comics, and the WHAT IFs and MAYBEs don't matter either. Chuck did the hobby a big favor by "discovering" this collection and releasing it to everyone. Wether it would end up in the trash or not isn't even important because you're going up the same path as Chuck does with the Spirits. At the end of the day, it's about the comics and that's it.

If anyone even runs into anything even remotely similar to that of this collection, I'd be extremely suprised if they don't take advantage of the situation and just dumb luck. You can talk about ethics and blah blah but almost everyone would've gone down the same path if given the chance. Simply.

[

It's half the reason about 50-75% of the stuff in my store is $3.00. too much trouble to change prices.

Surprised you're still in business.

What's suprising is your 893censored-thumb.gif arse is still around posting. sheesh. Maybe he needs to turn down buyers AFTER agreement to stay in buisness since there are no honest dealers around to do that.

I picked up a bunch of my Tarzans, Human Flys and some other great books all in 9.8 the Christmas before last during one of the biggest discount sales I've ever seen him have.

893censored-thumb.gif, I guess that I missed that one... CURSES! makepoint.gif

They didn't last long devil.gif

Not to mention, Mile High pulled them all the next day. I think their eBay guy made a screw up and put all their comics out at double the discount (or atleast that's my theory).

btw: When are you going to add the HF #1 9.8 you picked up to your registry set? I'm anxious to see your updated set... hail.gif

sign-offtopic.gif Done... and done, Sir! thumbsup2.gif Nice score on that Devil Dinosaur 9.8 recently ~~ hail.gif