• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High on Ebay?

30 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how they're "profiting"...

I bought two "Buy It Now" books for basically $1 each.

The shipping charge was $1.95 total.

So, I paid $3.95.

The books arrived via Priority Mail ($4.05).

Not counting the Ebay listing fees and the auction final value fees, he already lost $0.10 and two comics. confused-smiley-013.gif

So, I paid $3.95.

Not counting the Ebay listing fees and the auction final value fees, he already lost $0.10 and two comics. confused-smiley-013.gif

He makes it up in quantity. 27_laughing.gif

without even reading the first post let me guess.

chuck is the worst grader ever.

chuck is crazy.

chuck sucks.

chuck is lame.

chuck over prices.

No, but save those, they will apply to a thread sooner or later.

He has a VG FF #5 in there for triple guide ($1600++) and doesn't bother giving a scan.

I wonder if he paid some techie in comics so that his website listings somehow automatically load into ebay. Otherwise it would be so much frigging work putting all of that in with all of those weird prices of his.

It's half the reason about 50-75% of the stuff in my store is $3.00. too much trouble to change prices.

So, I paid $3.95.

He makes it up in quantity. 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gifhail.gif

while we are on the subject...

here's the latest little tidbit from his newest email:

Kinda shocking to go public with these "innermost" and totally self-serving (if not outright self-reverential) thoughts about Edgar Church and how he might be smiling down on all Chuck's actions here on earth lo these past 30 years.

I took a moment yesterday, and drove by Edgar Church's house. His family sold the place 29 years ago, so nothing of his remains. Except perhaps, a bit of his spirit. It may have been just my imagination, but as I drove down that street where Mr. Church lived for 50 years, I felt something at the fringes of my consciousness. It was just a feeling, but it was a good one. The thought that came into my mind was that Mr. Church had been watching me all these years, and he approved of the paths that I have chosen. Could I be simply projecting to myself what I want to believe, (((uhhh, duhh!!))) or was there still enough of Edgar Church's essence on that street to communicate in such a fashion? I'll never know... What I do know, however, is that I mouthed a silent prayer of thanks to a man whom I never met, yet who ultimately defined so much of my life. May he rest in peace.

as Im sure someone will point out, I wonder what he thinks when he drives by Edgar's kids's houses? Or better, what THEY are thinking.

So, I paid $3.95.

70 cents for listing, 11 cents fof FVF, 37 cents for paypal, 6 cents for the books

It's obviously a goodwill campaign and not a bad one at that. Considering how much internet companies pay to get new customers, Chucks getting a bargain yay.gif

I just came across Mile Highs current Ebay offerings. They have over 100,000 items listed.

Chuck loves Ebay!

Dang, and none CGC graded.

Yeah, CGCs used to be on there. Lots on decent BA books in 9.0-9.2 range for only $10-$14. I placed a large order a while back and the 1 CGC I was after was Out-of-Stock, so they issued me a $10 "certificate" and refunded all of my S/H! thumbsup2.gif Currently, for only $1.95 S/H you can score some great "reader" copies! grin.gif

Yep, works for me... yay.gif

while we are on the subject...

here's the latest little tidbit from his newest email:

Kinda shocking to go public with these "innermost" and totally self-serving (if not outright self-reverential) thoughts about Edgar Church and how he might be smiling down on all Chuck's actions here on earth lo these past 30 years.

I took a moment yesterday, and drove by Edgar Church's house. His family sold the place 29 years ago, so nothing of his remains. Except perhaps, a bit of his spirit. It may have been just my imagination, but as I drove down that street where Mr. Church lived for 50 years, I felt something at the fringes of my consciousness. It was just a feeling, but it was a good one. The thought that came into my mind was that Mr. Church had been watching me all these years, and he approved of the paths that I have chosen. Could I be simply projecting to myself what I want to believe, (((uhhh, duhh!!))) or was there still enough of Edgar Church's essence on that street to communicate in such a fashion? I'll never know... What I do know, however, is that I mouthed a silent prayer of thanks to a man whom I never met, yet who ultimately defined so much of my life. May he rest in peace.

as Im sure someone will point out, I wonder what he thinks when he drives by Edgar's kids's houses? Or better, what THEY are thinking.

Someone hand me a tissue....the fricking NERVE of that guy!!! 27_laughing.gif Doesn't he realize that nearly everyone on the planet who knows ANYTHING about what happened KNOWS he's a crook? "Watching me all these years, approved the path I have chosen" ???????????????? Gee Chuck, I'm sure Edgar REALLY approves of the fact you probably never came back later & gave his Widow or rest of the family any kickback for the fortune you have made off him...yeah I'm sure Edgar Church thinks the world of your "path" yeahok.gif

I just came across Mile Highs current Ebay offerings. They have over 100,000 items listed.

Chuck loves Ebay!

Dang, and none CGC graded.

Yeah, CGCs used to be on there. Lots on decent BA books in 9.0-9.2 range for only $10-$14. I placed a large order a while back and the 1 CGC I was after was Out-of-Stock, so they issued me a $10 "certificate" and refunded all of my S/H! thumbsup2.gif Currently, for only $1.95 S/H you can score some great "reader" copies! grin.gif

Yep, works for me... yay.gif

Yeah, it seems like Chuck hasn't gotten any new CGC material in months. Heck, he's still got links up for CGC books I've had in my possession for like 6 months!

I picked up a bunch of my Tarzans, Human Flys and some other great books all in 9.8 the Christmas before last during one of the biggest discount sales I've ever seen him have. I just wish he'd get some new stuff slabbed and update his inventory.

So, I paid $3.95.

70 cents for listing, 11 cents fof FVF, 37 cents for paypal, 6 cents for the books

Don't know about you, but if I had 100,000 auctions going on ebay at a time, I wouldn't being paying the same listing and FVF rates as any average seller who puts up a single auction.